Gmail does a great job at keeping spams away from your inbox. Their security applies pretty much the same when someone sends you a harmful attachment to your email. When something harmful makes it into your inbox, you’ll get an error when you try to download it. This mostly happens with .exe files or scripts but, thankfully, there’s a powerful workaround.
In order to do this, you need to make sure your desktop has a built-in email client. If it doesn’t, download an alternative email client for Gmail. Then, just read on and follow the easy steps listed below in our guide. If everything is done correctly and turns successful, you’ll be able to see the attached file that Gmail refused to download. So without bragging much, we’ll get you right through the step to fix Downloading the Attachment is Disabled in Gmail.
How To Fix Downloading The Attachment Is Disabled In Gmail
- The first thing you need to do is go over to your desktop browser and log into your Gmail account
- Next, find the particular mail that won’t let you download the attachment
- Open this mail and click on the More icon right next to the reply button
- This will give you a few options. From them, choose Show original
- Once done, the mail will open in a new browser tab/window. From there, click on the Download Original option. Also, make sure that you download the file as EML file(simply change the .txt extension to .eml
- After the download is complete, open it with your desktop’s built-in email client. By default, it should open that way since we saved it as EML file. If it doesn’t, simply right-click on the file>Open With and choose your desktop’s built-in email client. If your desktop doesn’t have one, you can download Mailbird, an alternative client for Gmail
- After opening it, you’ll see the attached file that Gmail failed to download. Right-click on it and choose to open it right away or save it. If the file has to be compressed, save it, compress it, and then open the file.
- How to Auto Delete Emails in Gmail [Guide]
- How to Mark All Emails As Read in Gmail
- What Is Gmail Forum And How To Create One?
- How to Block and Unblock Senders on Gmail Web
- How to Hide Google Meet Buttons from Gmail
- How to Fix Gmail Waiting for Sync Error on any Android device
- How To Turn Off In-App Browser in Gmail and Google App
If you’re through with all the steps, then that’s everything you’ll need to do to fix this issue in Gmail. This pretty adds up to be a counter to the issue and there’s not yet any fix to apply within the Gmail client itself. Also, make sure that you have a built-in email client on your desktop or download and install an alternative. That said, we hope reading the article above has equipped you with some bit of information. Please let us know by commenting down below if you have any further queries regarding the same.