As the title suggests, plenty of War Thunder PC players are encountering the Video mode Initialization Error 8111000B while launching the game. So, it basically occurs due to the outdated video card driver version on your PC. Some of the affected users also mentioned that the War Thunder game shows multiple errors that are related to the video mode initialization fault. If you’re also one of them, you can follow the possible workarounds below to fix this issue.
According to a couple of reports, the War Thunder game tells users that the graphics card isn’t compatible with DirectX 10 or above and then some of the following error messages appear. Those errors are something like:
videomode initialization error (8111000b)
FATAL ERROR, Error initializing video (OpenGL3)
Easy Anti-Cheat: Untrusted system file in (C:\Windows\System32\bcrypt.dll)
Now, if you want to quickly fix this issue on your computer then you will need to follow the below steps one by one.
How to Fix War Thunder Video mode Initialization Error 8111000B
Now, without further ado, let’s head over to the possible and common methods in order to resolve the error code.
1. Repair EAC
You will need to repair the EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat) system on your PC at first. Some times, the corrupted EAC can also cause videomode initialization error while running the game.
- Launch Steam > Go to Library > Right-click on War Thunder.
- Click on Local Files > Select EasyAntiCheat > Run EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe as an administrator.
- Click on Repair. Then restart the computer.
2. Run System File Checker
You will also need to scan the system files and fix them by running the command below.
- Open the Command Prompt on your PC as an administrator. Click on Start > Type Command Prompt > Right-click on the Command Prompt from the search result and select as an administrator.
- Now, type the following command and hit Enter.
netsh winsock reset
- Next, type the following command and press Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete. Once done, restart your computer and try running the game again.
3. Update Video Card Driver
As the particular error is happening from Videomode Initialization Error, it’s highly recommended to update the video card driver as well. For the Nvidia video cards, users can visit here and AMD users can visit here.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. For more queries, let us know in the comment below.