War Thunder is a multiplayer video game created by Gaijin Entertainment in 2013; it still works well with a large user base. But a few players are experiencing low FPS issues after the last update. According to a few players, the game’s sound is dimming, and the graphics get degrading these days. As well as, they are not able to run War Thunder on high graphics, and the graphics turned into low-basics during the gameplay.
Fixes for the War Thunder Low FPS Problem
There might be multiple causes for the same issue, such as outdated drivers, in-game graphics settings, and many more. If you are also facing the same issue, don’t worry; go through this article until the end to get all the fixes to resolve the issue quickly. Have a look.
FIX 1: Utilize dedicated GPU
If your system has a high-quality graphics card but still facing an FPS drops issue in War Thunder, likely, you will not be using a dedicated GPU. Here the best possible solution is to use your dedicated graphics card. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Right-click on your empty desktop space and select NVIDIA Control Panel from the list.
- Then click on the 3D settings option and select Manage 3D settings.
- In the newly opened screen, click on the Program settings tab, and select War Thunder from the list of programs.
- Now, choose a High-performance NVIDIA processor under the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program section.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the issue got eliminated from the game.
FIX 2: Close unwanted applications
Sometimes, unwanted applications running in the background can be the main cause of the War Thunder Law FPS problem. In this case, you need to disable all unwanted apps/programs running in the background. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, right-click on the Start button and select Task Manager from the search result.
- Then select unnecessary apps/programs from the lists and click on the End task button.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the said issue gets resolved from the game.
FIX 3: Update driver
If your graphics driver is out of date or damaged, you may have a War Thunder Law FPS issue. In this case, you need to update the driver to continue with the game. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the search result.
- Then expand the Display adapters section and select graphics driver.
- Right-click on it and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu list.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the said issue got eliminated from your game.
FIX 4: Edit system power plan
As per some users editing their system’s power plan helped them from resolving the War Thunder Law FPS problem quickly. So we strongly advise you to do the same in your case. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R altogether, then type Control and click OK.
- Inside the Control Panel, select View by as small icons and select Power Options.
- Then click on High Performance and save the changes and check for improvement.
FIX 5: Change in-game graphics settings
War Thunder Low FPS issues may also occur due to high or ultra-graphics settings. Here you need to reduce the graphics settings to avoid the same problem. To do so, follow these steps,
- Launch War Thunder and click on the Settings icon.
- Inside the Settings screen, select VSync is Off option and turn off the same.
- Then lower all the settings under Advanced settings and save the changes.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the said issue got resolved from your game.
FIX 6: Reinstall the game
If none of the above solutions does help you, then you need to reinstall the game to eliminate the same issue. To do so, follow these steps,
- Launch Steam and from the top menu, click on Library.
- Then, right-click on War Thunder from the list of games and select Uninstall option.
- Once a prompt appears on the screen, click on Delete.
- Now exit from Steam and open File Explorer.
- And paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common in the address bar and click on Enter.
- Then select the War Thunder folder and click on Delete.
- Once done, reinstall the game from Steam again and check for improvement.
These were the top 6 solutions for the War Thunder Low FPS Problem. All of the solutions mentioned above have helped many users, so we hope they also work with your case.
All the above fixes are tried, tested, and proven to resolve the same issue. If you have any queries or feedback, leave a comment in the below comment box.