YouTube is currently the most popular video-sharing platform maintained by Google itself that means the service and performance keep getting better & better. However, there is nothing permanent or perfect in this world and so the YouTube service. It seems that several YouTube users keep getting an error for a while that can appear anytime. Well, we’re talking about the YouTube is Not Available on this device Error which becomes a pain for most users. If you’re a victim, you can follow this workaround.
As mentioned, this sort of error keeps knocking the screens of YouTube users, and affected users have already stormed the online forums. It’s worth mentioning that this error isn’t related to the ‘This video is unavailable’ error message or video isn’t available in a user’s country at all. Meanwhile, this isn’t any kind of error that is happening due to the YouTube server down or something like that. Overall it’s a headache for the affected YouTube users because there is nothing to do with which video you’re playing.
Fix: YouTube is Not Available on this device Error
Now, to be very specific, this particular device error is only happening to PC users. That means the mobile device and console users are quite relaxed in terms of this error. So, if you’re a PC user and facing the device error on your YouTube account that means you’re playing YouTube on a web browser, obviously.
Additionally, this error can happen on any of the web browsers on your computer or laptop. Although there is no proper reason behind this issue is clear yet, we’ve managed to find out what’s going on. Now, to understand the chronology, whenever a YouTube user receives the ‘YouTube is not available on this device’ error message, the web browser basically redirects users to an unlisted video that has been uploaded by TeamYouTube[Help].
So, whenever a user trying to play or load a playlist video URL without a ‘v’ or ‘index’ parameter, the error pops up due to the redirection process. For example:
- Correct video URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<video_id>&list=LL
- Redirects to the error: https://www.youtube.com/watch?=<video_id>&list=LL
To recall, this unlisted video is an old workaround to automatically display an error message on YouTube apps or devices that didn’t support playlists. As it most often displays on the format of the shuffled playlist, a malformed URL from an old video may start causing such an issue.
Luckily, there is a possible workaround mentioned below that should help you out. Let’s check it out.
- First of all, locate and find out the particular YouTube video that’s causing the issue.
- Now, closely cross-check the video URL.
- If it doesn’t have the correct format like: https://youtube.com/watch?v=<video_id>&list=<list_id> then you should manually change it to the correct syntax.
- Next, try loading the video after correcting the video URL.
- It should open the video properly and you may not get the YouTube is Not Available on this device Error further.
- Finally, make sure to dislike the video > Wait for a couple of seconds and remove the dislike and like it (so that next time that video URL won’t gonna malformed).
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.