Here we will guide on how to install stock ROM on Lenovo Z5s. The guide is simple and easy to follow. You can watch our complete video guide.
These days there is a great number of a smartphone enthusiast interested in learning the technical aspects of smartphones. So, they keep tweaking the phone in terms of hardware and software. However, sometimes, unfortunately, they end up bricking their device. Now, as we know in a bricking scenario, the phone won’t start and becomes a paperweight. This can happen with any smartphone. Some of our readers had this issue on their Lenovo Z5s. So, in this post, we will guide you to install Stock ROM on Lenovo Z5s. We have put up the download link for the corresponding ROM along with the installation guide. So, check it out.
Importance of Stock Firmware
Stock ROM is always an important part of smartphones. When you move to stock ROM, you can fix up a lot of problems. We have listed the sam below.
- With the help of stock ROM, You can unbrick your Lenovo Z5s.
- Solve the boot loop issue on Lenovo Z5s.
- You can bypass system Lock and Screen Lock
- Removes any possible case of spyware or Adware in your devices.
- To fix any bugs on your Lenovo Z5s.
- Device Supported: Lenovo Z5s
- Tool Supported: QFIL Flash tool or Use QCom Download Tool
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
- File: Software Update
How to Install Stock ROM on Lenovo Z5s
Before doing anything, we need to have the ROM file for the designated device ie Lenovo Z5s. Here is the download link for the same.
Download Stock ROM File
Before beginning with the installation remember a few pointers we have mentioned below.
- This ROM is exclusively for the Lenovo Z5s. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge your phone completely before installing the ROM.
- A Windows PC/Laptop
- Download and install Lenovo USB drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download QFil Tool or QPST Flash tool and install on your PC.
- It is always recommended to take a backup of your Android Device.
- Backup Android Phone Without Root on any device
- If you have TWRP Recovery, Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery
Method 1: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:Guide to Install Stock ROM using QFIL Tool
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Lenovo Z5s :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Lenovo Z5s.
So, that’s it, guys. Now you know how to install stock ROM on Lenovo Z5s. We hope this tutorial was helpful to you. In case you have any queries do let us know in the comments.