Xiaomi launched a budget-friendly smartphone called Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE along with Xiaomi 11T and 11T Pro. The device features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC, AMOLED true-color display with 90Hz refresh rate, support up to 8GB of RAM. The device sports a triple rear camera setup and a 20 MP selfie camera at the front.
If you’re using the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Device Overview:
The Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE features a 6.55-inch FHD+ AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It has support for 1B colors, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 90Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, we have the mid-range flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 5G chip built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 642L.
In terms of optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The triple camera consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 5MP telephoto sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a 20MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The rear setup can capture 4K videos, while the front setup is limited to 1080p video recording.
There are three storage options of this smartphone: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. There is also a hybrid microSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, Infrared port and USB Type-C 2.0. And in terms of features, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, and compass. Powering it all is a 4250 mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging. The smartphone is available in four color options: Truffle Black, Bubblegum Blue, Peach Pink, Snowflake White.
Steps To Root Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Using Magisk
Follow the full-depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
- Download ADB & Fastboot files (Windows/MAC)
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and install it on your computer
- Download the latest Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Firmware Flash File and move it to the PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
I no see file boot. imf from rom global why
File boot. Img not in rom pleas
thanks its working on mi 11 lite 5g lisa miui 12.5.4
Hello friend. It is possible to unroot the phone and not loose the warranty?
after flasing my phone stuck on system loading