Although Hulu is fully supported by the Amazon Fire TV Stick or Apple TV, it seems that some users are experiencing issues with the streaming service. Mostly the Hulu freezing or black screen problem on Apple TV and Fire TV Stick is troubling users whatsoever. According to multiple reports, the program may start freezing after loading ads or switching between episodes, etc. Now, if you’re also one of the victims, make sure to follow this guide.
Sometimes the Hulu app even seems to crash or shows the black screen issue out of nowhere apart from refusing to load properly. Even resetting the application or the Fire Stick doesn’t help the affected users whatsoever. Meanwhile, there can be several reasons behind such an issue that includes Wi-Fi connectivity, app glitches or cache data issue, system glitch, etc.
Fix: Hulu App Not Working on Samsung TV
How to Fix Hulu Stream Failure Issues
How To Clear Hulu Watch History
Fix: Dolby Atmos Not Working / Not Showing in Apple TV+
Fix: Apple TV Screen Flickering or Blinking On Off
Fix: Apple TV Keeps Freezing on Samsung, LG, or Any Other Smart TV
List of All Apple TV Channels and Streaming Apps | 2023 Updated
Fix: Hulu Freezing or Black Screen Problem on Apple TV, Fire TV Stick
Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out.
1. Reboot the Hulu App
Try simply restarting the Hulu app to check for the issue. It seems that some unexpected glitch or connectivity issue is causing this trouble.
2. Reboot the Fire Stick or Apple TV
Make sure to restart the Fire Stick or Apple TV to clear out possible glitches or cache data issues with the system itself. If this didn’t work, try performing a power cycle you Fire Stick or Apple TV by unplugging the power cable > Wait for a minute or so and then plug back the power cable in then restart the Fire Stick or Apple TV.
3. Reset Fire Stick
You should reset the Fire Stick to check whether the problem has been fixed. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Select Device > Choose Reset to Factory Defaults > Select Reset.
- Press and hold the Back and Right buttons together for a few seconds.
- Then select Reset and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the task.
4. Reset Apple TV
Try resetting your Apple TV by following the steps below.
- Open Settings on Apple TV > Go to System.
- Select Reset > Then select Reset again.
- Confirm the task and wait for some time to complete the resetting Apple TV process.
5. Clear Cache and Data on the Fire Stick
Your Amazon Fire Stick may start crashing the Hulu app while opening or running it if there is a system glitch or cache data junk conflicting badly. Try clearing the cache and data on the Fire Stick by following the steps below to check for the issue again.
- Go to Settings > Select Applications.
- Choose to Manage Installed Applications > Select Hulu from the list.
- Here you’ll find the option to Clear cache and Clear data.
- Just perform both the process one by one and reboot the Fire Stick to refresh the system.
There is no specific way to clear out app cache data on Apple TV. You can follow the next method to do the same.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Hulu app on your Fire Stick or Apple TV to check for the issue again.
For Fire Stick:
- Go to Settings > Select Applications.
- Head over to Manage Installed Applications.
- Now, select the Hulu app from the list and choose to Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
Once done, reboot your Fire Stick to refresh the system, and then reinstall the Hulu app.
For Apple TV:
- First, wake up your Apple TV > Scroll to the Hulu app you want to delete.
- Now, if you’re using the remote with a touchpad, then press down on the center of the touchpad until the app starts to wiggle.
- If you’re using the aluminium or white Apple Remote (with the circle at the top), then press & hold down the select button until it wiggles.
- Press the Play/Pause button on your remote to open the screen with the ‘Delete’ option. Just select it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and confirm the process by selecting ‘Delete’.
Once uninstalled, reboot the Apple TV, and reinstall the Hulu app from the Apple App Store.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Hulu app on my kindle fire HD 8th generation and it’s still locked up
Hulu on Firestick. I have tried ALL again ALL of the solutions listed here and other sites multiple times. I also have Netflix, Paramount+ , and Disney, all of which NONE of them let me repeat NONE of them have the issues that hulu does.
This is an issue that needs to be corrected. I love Hulu and really do not want to switch to Youtube TV, but it is getting WAY out of hand.
I have tried all of these things several times. The Hulu app wont even load up on the firestick. Just says there is an error and cannot connect to servers. The app works fine on my phone using the same wifi connection. All other apps are working fine on the firestick. Disney+ espn paramount shudder etc… only issues are with the Hulu app. This is annoying.
have a Samsung tv and Apple TV Hulu goes dark with sound, mostly at hourly transitions of shows “ commercials.” I don’t think the issue is with Hulu but clearly with Apple as Hulu is streaming fine to my IPad. The picture does usually come back after 10 or 20 minutes, Have new hdmi cables all tested fine, reset hdmi cables , power on both Apple TV and Samsung tv and still an issue , have a 500mb connection that is usually faster.