Blockchain technologies are the future of the computing world, and most graphic card companies now realise the potential of cryptocurrency mining and other blockchain applications. This is why it is important to download and install AMD blockchain drivers for windows if you intend to do any crypto mining or crypto computational work.
AMD Blockchain driver enhances the Blockchain compute workloads and at the same time, the general AMD drivers improve the overall performance of your PC. This guide is for those users who want to maximize the workload throughout the mining work using your AMD graphics card. Furthermore, it is recommended to install the Blockchain driver only if you have a Windows PC.
We need to have the latest version of the driver on our PC so that the whole system can perform well. However, downloading and installing the driver directly from the internet isn’t a sturdy thing to do. Today, we have a guide within which you’ll learn how to download and install the AMD Blockchain drivers for Windows.
Table of Contents
Download and Install AMD Blockchain Drivers For Windows
While installing the graphics driver, you need to permit your system to recognize the card and chipset manufacturer easily. There are two methods available for you to download and install the AMD Blockchain driver for Windows, i.e., Manual and Automatic methods.
Method 1: Manually Download and Install AMD Blockchain drivers
Downloading and installing isn’t a challenging task to do, but selecting the proper driver for your PC is tough. You need to follow some essential steps to download the AMD Blockchain drivers on your Windows PC.
- First of all, you need to open the Radeon Software Crimson Relive Edition Beta For Blockchain Compute Release Notes.
- Now, you need to read the notes and EndUser License Agreement carefully.
- After that, download the Blockchain driver that really supports or compatible with your Windows 10 PC. Here, we take the example of Radeon Software Crimson Relive Edition, which best in Blockchain computing driver (only for 64bit OS) in our opinion.
- Wait until the downloading is completed. While the downloading is going on till then, you can uninstall the existing AMD graphics driver from your PC.
- To do this, you can go to the Control Panel and tap on the Program and Features. Now, follow the path as given AMD Installer>Uninstall to uninstall the existing driver from your PC.
- Once you uninstall the current AMD graphic card driver completely, open the Blockchain driver file you have downloaded before extracting it.
- But, before initiate the installation process. It would help if you made sure that no application runs in the background, including the anti-virus, firewall, etc.
- After that, you need to select components that you want or keep the default selection (recommended) if you wish. Then, click on the install button.
- Now, the installation process begins. During the installation process, you need not worry if your screen flicker sometimes because it is part of the installation.
- Well, it takes a few minutes to install. Once the installation process is completed, restart your PC to apply the changes you have made.
Method 2: Automatically Download and Install the AMD Blockchain Driver
The AMD Blockchain driver only supports Windows 10 and 8. So it would be best if you upgraded your OS version as well as the graphics card. Then, to automatically download and install the AMD Blockchain driver, you need to look for third-party applications that can quickly download and install the drivers after analyzing your system.
The chances of downloading the wrong driver are also meagre as the application itself initiates the whole process. If you don’t want to invest your time and skills in downloading the Blockchain drivers, you may opt for a third-party application.
Although this version of Blockchain driver for Windows provides a beta level feature, it will not support further fixes or updates. That’s why you need to be careful while downloading a Blockchain driver. Moreover, you need to be check if your system supports the Blockchain driver. Apparently, AMD blockchain drivers are compatible with only a few graphics card models like Radeon RX 500 series.