Finally, LineageOS 17.1 is official for the HTC One M8 (m8/m8d). This Custom ROM is based on Android 10 Q and now live for more than 200 devices. You can check out our complete list of supported LineageOS 17.1. Well, here we will guide on how you can install the official Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC One M8 (Codenamed: m8/m8d). The device was launched in March 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and later upgrade to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Thanks to XDA Recognized developer bgcngm for developing the ROM based on Android 10. Full credits to him and the whole LineageOS team. As we said, this custom ROM is based on Android 10 which is the 10th iteration of Google’s Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. This year, Google doesn’t with any dessert item name for the new Android version.
After rolling the official Android 10’s AOSP code (Android Open Source Project) in September 2019, since then, LineageOS team has started working on Lineage OS 17.1 for all the supported devices. To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your HTC One M8, you need to unlock bootloader and must be running the latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on HTC One M8 (m8/m8d) device..
What’s on the Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- List of Best Custom ROM for HTC One M8 (All Variant)
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for HTC One M8
- How to Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 (All Variants)
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system that is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC One M8 (m8/m8d) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on HTC One M8 (m8/m8d)
First, unlock the HTC One M8 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on HTC One M8.
- This is an Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for HTC One M8 (m8/m8d) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on HTC One M8 (m8/m8d)
- Download the required TWRP file, Lineage OS 17.1 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your HTC One M8 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your HTC One M8 (m8/m8d) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.