Finally, Android 10 Q is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. Nokia 6.2 (Model: starlord) is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17 developed by Raghu varma, Senior member on XDA forum. The device is launched on September 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 based on Android 10. Full credits to him and Lineage team. Now you can install Lineage OS 17 on Nokia 6.2 which is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the new released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17 for all the supported device.
To install Lineage OS 17 on your Nokia 6.2, you need to unlock bootloader and running latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on Nokia 6.2 (starlord) device.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Nokia 6.2 (starlord) by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Nokia 6.2 (starlord)
First, unlock the Nokia 6.2 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Nokia 6.2.
What's Working and What's Not?
What’s working :
Double tap to wake
Double tap to sleep
Selinux – permissive
1. Camera broken due to no proper Q libs & kernel sources from Hmd
2. vendor is based on pie so we can actually expect bugs
3. internal storage cant be able to access due to we need to wait for proper Q kernel sources again from hmd especially for Nokia 7.2 & 6.2
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and supported for Nokia 6.2 (starlord) only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Nokia 6.2 (starlord)
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- Next, reboot your Nokia 6.2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Select Format data > Type YES to confirm [This will wipe everything].
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- Now reboot into recovery again
- Flash Gapps zip file and flash Perf-Stock-9.0-SLD_sprout.zip
- Now wipe all except system & vendor
- Tap on reboot bootloader
- Your device will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Open the command window and flash vbmeta using this command given below.
- for slot-a >
fastboot flash vbmeta_a --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- for slot-b>
fastboot flash vbmeta_b --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 on your Nokia 6.2 (starlord) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.