Apple is a well-known brand for its premium devices. They are launching MacBooks, iPhones, watches, and much more. Apple has always tried to provide users with great security and features. And, we know the result. Most of the users who are working prefer MacBooks, iPhones, etc. This is because they have the best operating system developed by Apple itself. We know that Apple products come with premium pricing but the product is worth it. This is not because of only features, security, or other things but they always work in providing the best service to their users.
MacBooks are one of the Apple Products, and it comes with a lot of features. Also, Apple has started to power their chipsets in the MacBooks which makes it more powerful in aspects of performance. So, the MacBooks come with Retina Display with True Tone support. Along with it, it also has the support of the MagSafe 3 Charging Port. The MacBook Pro is customizable with up to 64GB RAM and 8TB SSD Storage. There are a lot of features that are provided by Apple. They also give the best quality of customer support to their user.
But, some issues are caused due to software bugs and other problems which can be easily fixed by the user. So, in similar ways, there is news that many users are facing screen flickering problems on Macbook Pro. Therefore, we are here with the guide to fixing the MacBook Pro screen issue. Also, we will mention the reasons through which this issue is persisting on your MacBook Pro. Therefore, be with us till the end, and read the article to know how to fix this issue.
Fix: MacBook Pro Not Responding to Clicks, Power Button, or Keyboard
FIX: MacBook, MacBook Pro or Air Not Turning Off When Lid Closed
FIX: MacBook Pro Black Screen of Death Issue
Fix: MacBook Pro White Screen After Apple Logo
Fix: Macbook Pro Sound Not Working or Audio Crackling
FIX: MacBook Pro Stuck on Login Screen
Fix: Apple Wallet Not Showing Add Card Option
Fix: Activity Monitor Not Showing All Processes
Why I am Facing Screen Issues on My MacBook Pro
If you are also facing Screen Flickering Issues with your MacBook Pro, then be with us as we will mention the methods through which you can fix it. Along with that, we are also mentioning the common reasons through which this issue is occurring with you. Therefore, first of all, check out the reasons below. Also, before implementing any method, it will be good for you if you analyze the reason for the issue. So, you will be able to fix it very easily.
- Hardware Problem
- Physical Impact on Screen or the surface of the MacBook Pro
- Software Problem
- Display Settings
How To Fix This Screen Issue on my MacBook Pro
We are here with the methods which you can easily implement to try resolving the issue of screen flickering from your MacBook Pro easily. We will make sure to keep all the steps easy for you, so you can easily implement your MacBook Pro. Therefore, check out the methods below.
Restart The MacBook Pro
The first step that you should try is to restart your laptop. By restarting, the system will be able to load all the files correctly if they were not loaded in the previous boot correctly. So, you should try restarting the MacBook Pro. So, shut down the MacBook Pro and wait for 5 minutes and again turn it on. Now, check whether the issue is still there or is fixed.
Drain Your Battery
The flickering issue is also caused sometimes by battery abnormalities. So, in this case, we will suggest you drain your MacBook Pro battery. So, to do this, you can simply unplug the charging wire which is attached to your MacBook Pro, and do not plug it into the back. Now, start using the MacBook Pro, so that the battery is fully drained. And, after the complete drain, connect the charger and wait for some seconds. Now, turn it on, and check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Check For Updates
Sometimes this type of error is also caused due to minor issues with the system files which do not work properly. So, in this case, system updates are released by the company regularly to fix this type of bug. Therefore, you should also update your laptop on the regular basis to avoid this type of issue from happening. Follow the steps which are given below to check for updates on your MacBook Pro.
- Open System Preferences
- Press on Software Update
- Make sure to connect your MacBook Pro with the charger if the battery is low
- Now, it will check for the update. And, if there is any update then it will show the Update Now button. Click on it to start downloading the update.
- A dialog box will appear with some Terms & Conditions. Accept it and enter your MacBook Pro password for verification to start the update.
- Also, make sure that your internet connection is working smoothly to avoid any type of error between downloading the update.
- After the completion of the update, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Switch Off Automatic Graphics Switching
Automatic Graphics Switching is a feature that is provided in the MacBook Pro. It is used to maximize graphic performance and for long battery life when in use. The GPU Switch uses the standalone chip to handle more powerful tasks while it uses the integrated chip to handle the basic ones. It is the ultimate power-saving way for MacBook Pro users. It can be also a reason for the flickering screen issue. So, follow these given steps to switch off Automatic Graphics Switching on your MacBook Pro.
- Open System Preferences
- Press The Battery Option
- Now, again press on the Battery option
- After it, Tick off these options: Slightly Dim The Display While On Battery Power and Optimized Battery Charging
- Now, verify your login and press on return
- Restart Your MacBook Pro, when the process is completed
Reset The PRAM or NVRAM
The Flickering issue can also be a sign of a corrupted MacBook Pro. So, in this case, you can reset the PRAM or NVRAM of your MacBook Pro to restore its default hardware settings. It will also set up the internal hard drive as the startup disk. So, resetting the PRAM or NVRAM can help in resolving the screen flickering issue. Therefore, follow the steps which are given below to reset the PRAM or NVRAM of your MacBook Pro.
- Shut down the MacBook Pro, and make sure that it is completely shut down and not in reset mode.
- Now, press on the start again and wait till it gets switched on.
- After it, press the key for 20 seconds: Option + Command + P + R and hold it for 20 seconds without any interruptions.
- It will make your MacBook restart with the reset of the PRAM or NVRAM.
Now, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Try Resetting The SMC
In the SMC, there is the option of thermal management, power button response, sleep settings, battery management, lighting settings, and much more. So, resetting it can resolve the issue. Therefore, follow the steps which are given below to reset the SMC.
- Press Power Button
- After it, hold these keys for 10 seconds: Shift + Control + Option + Power Key
- When the dialog box opens, click on the Reset the SMC of your MacBook Pro to Defaults
- Now, release the keys after ten seconds
- So, doing this will set the SMC at default
Run Apple Diagnostic
You can also use the Apple Diagnostic to check what is the issue behind the flickering of the screen. The Apple Diagnostic will evaluate the hardware and whether all of them are working properly or not. If any of them is not working properly then it will show to you. So, follow the steps which are given below to run Apple Diagnostic.
- So, go to Apple Menu and click on Shut Down
- Also, make sure that no external devices are connected to the MacBook Pro
- Now, switch on the MacBook Pro and hold the D key
- Release it when you see the Language Option
- The Apple Diagnostics will run a scan through which it will detect the defects in the hardware and if there are any
- After completion, click on Restart Button to restart the MacBook Pro
- You can also repeat the test again by clicking on the “Run The Test Again” option
Contact Customer Support
If the issue is still persisting and any of your hardware is not working properly then you need to take your laptop to the service center. The professionals will analyze the issue and will fix it, as we will be not able to open the back panel and fix the hardware issue. So, take your laptop to the service center and get your laptop fixed. Also, make sure that you have implemented each method properly. So, to avoid taking your laptop to the service center.
So, in this article, we have explained all the common reasons through which the issue can happen. Also, we have discussed the various ways through which you can try resolving the issue of screen flickering on MacBook Pro. I hope all the methods which are mentioned are clear to you and you will be easily able to implement them. If you have fixed the same issue through any other methods then do share it with us in the comment section below.