Samsung Galaxy M52 5G launched in India as a premium mid-range 5G phone comes with triple rear cameras and a 120Hz Super AMOLED Plus display. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC, 7,000mAh battery, and packs up to 8GB + 128GB.
On this page, we will guide you on how to root the Samsung Galaxy M52 5G SM-M526B without the TWRP Recovery. To flash the rooting file, you need to first unlock the bootloader on your device.
We will use the Magisk by patching the Stock ROM boot image file and flashing it to the device boot partition. The Galaxy M52 5G device comes with variants SM-M526B. Just follow the full article with all the requirements, download links, and flashing steps with images.
In order to root, you will require to download the patched image file from Magisk Manager and flash it. It’s worth mentioning that your Galaxy M52 5G device bootloader should be unlocked at first. Without the bootloader unlocking, it’s not possible to enable root access on your phone. By rooting your handset, you will get a superuser or administrator control on your system over system apps and subsystems.
- Samsung Galaxy M52 5G Device Overview:
- Definition of Root
- Steps To Root Galaxy M52 5G using Magisk
- Download Firmware Files:
- Steps to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager
- Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy M52 5G
- Instructions to Root Galaxy M52 5G Using Magisk
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G Device Overview:
Samsung M52 5G features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 120Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 642L.
In terms of optics, we have a triple-camera setup at the rear with a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 12MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we have a 32MP selfie sensor with an f/2.2 lens. The front sensor can capture only 1080p videos, while the rear setup can record 4K videos.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with OneUI 3.1 skin on top. There are two storage variants of this smartphone with 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage. There is also a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. For powering the device, we have a 5000 mAh battery that supports 25W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three color options: Icy Blue, Blazing Black, and White.
Definition of Root
Smartphone Rooting is just like jailbreaking the device to get the admin access over subsystem, system apps, the root directory of the device, and more. It will give you the superuser control to use your device over an Android subsystem. After rooting a device, the user can delete, edit, or change the system files or settings easily. The rooted users can also increase or decrease the system performance, battery performance, etc.
Mostly, the rooting process will come in handy if you’re using any third-party Custom ROMs. This will increase the accessibility up to a broader extent. Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). Most commonly, people use rooting to change themes, icons, fonts, install other mod files, tweaking Android settings for visual changes, etc.
Additionally, a rooted device user can also tweak notification panel, system user interface, accent color changes, install Xposed modules, lock screen changes, widgets, camera improvements, and more.
Advantages of Rooting
- You can get access to all files on your Galaxy M52 5G, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking the device.
- Install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Galaxy M52 5G.
- You can block Ads on any application like YouTube, Browser.
- By Rooting your device, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
Steps To Root Galaxy M52 5G using Magisk
Before starting the rooting process, make sure to unlock the device bootloader at first. Then you can continue with the next steps.
- Rooting will block the official OTA updates
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Supported model:
- Galaxy M52 5G: SM-M526B
Download Firmware Files:
- Galaxy M52 5G Firmware:
- SM-M526B: Download Here
After you have downloaded the exact firmware file based on your device model number, you can extract the boot.img file to patch it via Magisk manager app.
Steps to Create a Patched boot image using Magisk Manager
- First, download and install the latest Magisk Manager app.
- Next, connect your device to the PC via the USB cable.
- Copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Now, open the Magisk Manager app and select INSTALL and choose to install again.
- Then tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Go to internal storage and select your device boot image that you moved earlier.
- Now, wait for Magisk to start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
- Odin flash tool accepts files in .tar format. So, you have to use 7zip and archive it to .tar format. You can even rename the file as boot.img.tar as shown in the below screenshot.
Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image tar file on Galaxy M52 5G
Now, follow the final or second method to install the patched boot image file on your Galaxy handset. But first, follow the requirements.
- ROM Supported for – Samsung Galaxy M52 5G model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least before doing anything.
- Take a full backup without the root of the device’s internal storage.
- A Windows PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Download the Latest ODIN tool and install it on your computer.
- Download and Install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer.
- Copy the patched boot image file into the ADB & Fastboot directory.
Instructions to Root Galaxy M52 5G Using Magisk
After following the pre-requirements and unlocking the bootloader, in order to Root Galaxy M52 5G Using Magisk, let’s take a look at the rooting steps.
- First, reboot your device into download mode.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Once you are connected, now open the downloaded ODIN.exe file.
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Now, load the patched boot.tar file in the AP section.
- Go to Option and see whether the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time selected or not). If not then select these two. Don’t select re-partition.
- Now, tap on the Start button to root your device.
- Your device will reboot when the process will complete.
- Then wait for a few minutes. The first boot will take some time.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
We assume this guide is really helpful to you and you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy M52 5G device by using Magisk. In case of any issue, do let us know via email at email@example.com.