Finally, Huawei has started rolling the Android 9.0 Pie update to Huawei MediaPad M5 with EMUI 9.0 beta. The update is currently available to users who have signed up for Huawei Beta Program. The update already started rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users in the beta program. Waiting for the official Huawei MediaPad M5 Android 9.0 Pie update? then, it's time to enjoy EMUI 9.0 Beta based on Android Pie.
The update is now live and available to download here. If you didn't sign up for Huawei Beta program or you are not patience to wait for the OTA, then you can download the full firmware and flash the update via flashy tool to upgrade from Android 8.0 Oreo to Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei MediaPad M5.
EMUI 9.0 Update
With EMUI 9.0 Android Pie Update, your device enables the smart user interaction in which users will experience Artificial intelligence its best. The AI can identify global landmarks and more than 10 million famous artifacts and paintings. Besides that EMUI 9.0 will simplify the device Setting and maintains the consistency between similar functions.
EMUI 9.0 will bring a significant improvement in the overall performance of the system. It will also bring improvement to the speed and performance of the Apps. After the EMUI 9.0 Android Pie Update, Huawei MediaPad M5 will support WeChat fingerprint payment. Also, the new upgrade will feature the smart temperature control mechanism. This will adjust the temperature of the device.
The popular GPU Turbo also marks its presence to provide the users with a seamless and comprehensive gaming experience. In addition, EMUI 9.0 also puts emphasis on improvement in the security and promotes digital health.
Android 9.0 Pie Update
The Google has started rolling out the next major version of Android for the supported Google Pixel devices. After the Android 8.0 Oreo, this is the 9th iteration of Android from Google. With Android Pie, Google has revamped many UI changes which include the notification panel, Settings, Quick Toggles and more. The main highlighted features of Android Pie are notification panel, indoor WiFi positioning, support for iPhone X-style notches, Material Design 2, Dark Mode, Enhanced Auto-fill, Dual Camera API, Neural network API implementation and many more.
Well, let us now take a quick look at some of the most important features of Android 9 Pie. Should we?
Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Here are some of the main features of the Android 9 Pie:
- Gestures: With this release of Android, the Google removed the original home button with a pill that supports gestures. For instance, the users can slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- New Recent Apps menu: With the earlier versions of Android, there used to be a stacked card list of Recent Apps. This is now replaced with a horizontal card list.
- New User Interface: The Android 9 Pie has an all-new user interface which is even more minimal. Google has used the Color Sche,e which they call it as Material Design 2 with this version of Android.
- Dashboard: Also known as Digital Wellbeing is One of our personal favorite features of the Android 9 Pie is the addition of a Dashboard. Now, the dashboard is that feature which would help you track your overall usage. Users can track the app(s) usage, sleep and more. The objective here is to prevent distractions and focus on productive things.
- Slices: With earlier versions of Android, when we search for an app on Android, the app icon itself comes up. But with this version of Android, Google is going to show you information that's embedded within apps.
- List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices
- List of Huawei Honor Devices Getting Android Oreo Update
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Any Huawei Smartphone [Official and Unofficial]
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Huawei Honor Devices
- Download latest Huawei USB drivers and installation guide
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
Steps to Install Huawei MediaPad M5 Android 9.0 Pie Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
- Download Beta Flashy v0.2
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers and install on your PC
- First, activate the Developer Option
- Now Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Download the required ROM file
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before trying this.
CMR-AL09/CMR-AL19 Pie Firmware
- CMR-AL09C00E160R1P160B160 (18.104.22.168) - China
- CMR-W19C00E160R1P160B160 (22.214.171.124) - China
- CMR-W09C00E160R1P160B160 (126.96.36.199) - China
- CMR-AL19C00E160R1P160B160 (188.8.131.52) - China
- CMR-W09C10E2R1P2B160 (184.108.40.206) - Russia
- CMR-W09TWNC636E2R1P2B160 (220.127.116.11)- Asia
- CMR-AL09C185E2R1P2B152-SP2 (18.104.22.168) - Middle East
- CMR-AL19C00E151R1P151B152 (22.214.171.124) - China
- CMR-W09C00E151R1P151B152 (126.96.36.199) - China
- CMR-W19C00E151R1P151B152 (188.8.131.52) - China
- CMR-AL09C10E1R1P1B130-SP3 (184.108.40.206) - Russia
- CMR-W09C10E1R1P1B150 (220.127.116.11) - Russia
- CMR-W19C636E1R1P1B150 (18.104.22.168)- Asia
- CMR-W19C635E2R1P1B123-SP2 (22.214.171.124)
- CMR-AL19C432E2R1P2B130-SP1 (126.96.36.199)
SHT-W09/SHT-A09 Pie Firmware
- SHT-W09C00E69R1P151B152 (188.8.131.52)
- SHT-AL09C00E69R1P151B152 (184.108.40.206)
- SHT-AL09C00E56R1P56B56-log (220.127.116.11) - China
- SHT-W09C00E56R1P56B56 (18.104.22.168) - China
- SHT-AL09C635E1R1P1B56-SP1 (22.214.171.124)
- SHT-W09C00E61R1P123B123 (126.96.36.199)
- SHT-AL09C00E61R1P123B123 (188.8.131.52)
- SHT-AL09C432E1R1P1B100 (184.108.40.206)
Instructions to install:
- First, you need to download EMUI 9.0 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC'
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the B56 220.127.116.11 Android 9 Pie on Huawei MediaPad M5
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android Pie EMUI 9.0 beta.
- That's it! You have successfully flashed the Android Pie.
I hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei MediaPad M5 Android 9.0 Pie Update.
Huawei MediaPad M5 Specifications:
Huawei MediaPad M5 was launched in February 2018. MediaPad M5 8 features an 8.4-inches display with a screen resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. The smartphone is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 960s processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 32/64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the MediaPad M5 8 comes with Dual 13MP with LED flash rear camera and 8MP front shooting camera for selfies. The handset came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo and backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 5100 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor in the front.