Microsoft Teams is one of the best platforms for businesses as well as organizations. It helps in keeping the team in sync, using normal messaging instead of boring emails, and managing documents without any hassle. But what makes Microsoft Teams a real game-changer is its voice and video call feature. You can use it to communicate with your team directly. But what if you are facing Microsoft Teams call not connecting or keep dropping problem?
Each and every feature of Microsoft Teams is important if you want to manage your team more efficiently. But among all, calling is one such aspect that plays a very important role in successful collaboration in any workplace. This feature becomes more crucial if most of your clients or employees are remotely situated.
Considering this, is there any way to get rid of the Microsoft Teams calling problem you are currently facing? Fortunately, there is, and this post is all about that. Here we’re going to talk about how to fix Microsoft Teams call not connecting or keeps dropping problem. So, without any further ado, let’s begin.
Fix: JBL T450BT Headset Won’t Turn On After Charging
Fix: Twitch Xbox No Sound or Video
Fix: Microsoft Teams Images, GIFs and Videos Not Showing, Loading or Playing
Fix: Minecraft “You Need To Authenticate to Microsoft Services” Error
Fix: Jabra Speak 510 / 510 MS Not Working with Teams
\How to Link Your Microsoft Account via microsoft.com/link
How to Fix Microsoft Teams Call Not Connecting or Keeps Dropping Problem?
Unfortunately, the problem that you are currently facing doesn’t have any specific workaround. Thus, you might have to go through all the fixes and stick with the one that solves the problem for you. Nevertheless, there are different fixes to get rid of Microsoft Teams not connecting or keeps dropping problems.
Also Read: Fix: Microsoft Teams Chat Not Displaying Images
Fix 1: Close Background Apps
The very first thing you can try to get rid of the problem you are currently facing is to close all the background apps. From “closing all the background apps” we mean closing all those apps that have the calling feature. For instance, if you have apps like Discord, Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp, etc. running in the background, then they might cause different calling problems. Nevertheless, If you don’t know how to do it, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open Task Manager on your PC by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete shortcut key followed by Task Manager.
- Go to “Processes”.
- Now, look for all those applications that you think will be accessing the calling feature.
- Select them, and click on End Task.
Now, restart your PC, and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 2: Adjust Microsoft Teams Call Settings
If the above-mentioned method doesn’t work for you, the next thing you can try is to adjust Microsoft Teams call settings. It might be the case that you have misplaced some settings, and because of which you are facing Microsoft Teams call not connecting or keep dropping problem. To fix it, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to Microsoft Teams profile by tapping on your profile picture presented top right corner.
- Tap on Settings followed by “Calls”.
- Enable the “Always ring on this device even when active on the desktop option”. In case it was already turned on, disable it first, and then re-enable it.
Once done, restart Microsoft Teams and check if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Clear Microsoft Teams Cache Data
Clearing Microsoft Teams cache data is another effective workaround you can try to get rid of the problem. So, here are the steps you need to follow to get the work done.
- Open File Explorer on your PC.
- Now, head over to Local Disk (:C)> Users> Desktop name> AppData> Roaming> Microsoft> Teams.
- Here, you will find multiple folders.
- Open the folder named, “Cache”.
- Select all the files using Ctrl + A, and delete them.
Now restart Microsoft Teams on your PC, and check if the problem is fixed or not. If not, move on to the next workaround.
Fix 4: Download Microsoft Team Latest Update
The next thing you can try to get rid of Microsoft Teams call not connecting or keep dropping problem is to download the latest update. The chances are very high that the developers are already aware of the problem you are currently facing, and they have fixed it in the latest update. So, here are the steps you need to follow to download Microsoft Teams’ latest version.
- Open the Microsoft Teams desktop client.
- Click on the three-dots present at the top section and then select “Settings”.
- Tap the “About Teams” link in the bottom left corner.
- Here, you will see the installed version of Microsoft Teams. You can check whether there is an available update or not. If yes, Microsoft Teams will not automatically start downloading the update.
Once updated, re-launch the application and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Fix 5: Check Whether You Are Connected
Microsoft Teams needs an internet connection to offer its services. And even if you are, make sure you are connected to a strong internet connection. You can check it by visiting “fast.com” and see whether the speed you are getting is browsable or not. If not, connect to a different internet source.
This was how to fix Microsoft Teams call not connecting or keep dropping problem. Let us know whether the problem is fixed or not. You can also share any other workaround you think will be helpful in the situation.