Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is receiving the latest security patch over MIUI 11 with other bug fixes with software version V18.104.22.168.PFGCNXM. You can download MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM for Redmi Note 7 from here.
Talking about the MIUI 126.96.36.199 update for Redmi Note 7 Chinese variant, it brings the February 2020 Android Security Patch with improved system security. It also offers a stable MIUI version based on Android 9.0 Pie along with some of the bug fixes and improvements that you can find below in the changelog. The firmware update bumps up a new software version V188.8.131.52.PFGCNXM and it’s rolling out via OTA in a phased manner and will take a few days to hit all the units completely.
Check OTA Updates Manually
Due to the incremental roll-out process, the OTA update can take a longer time to arrive than expected. It’s highly recommended to check for OTA updates manually via the device Settings >> About Phone >> Software Update. If the latest update is available, simply download and install it.
Alternatively, you can check the firmware OTA update via the Software Updater app on your Xiaomi device. Ensure that the device is fully charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
If in case, you’re not receiving the OTA update notification on your device, then you can manually install the firmware by following the guide below.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to February 2020. Increased system security.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Data usage
- Fix: Items related to exceptions weren’t always displayed accurately
- Fix: Searching for apps made the device slow down
- Fix: Data usage warning appeared multiple times
- Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Steps to Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Redmi Note 7
Here we’ve provided two methods to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi device. You can either follow the Fastboot method or the Recovery method to install the latest update.
- The ROM supported for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 only. Don’t try it on other models.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of internal data (No Root).
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and Install all the following tools and drivers on your computer.
Now, after following all the requirements and downloading the files/tools, you’re ready to install the firmware.Steps to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can also check out the video tutorial below for your ease.Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful and you’ve installed or updated the latest MIUI firmware on your Redmi Note 7 successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.
- Redmi Note 7 Android 11 R Update Tracker
- How to Repair and Fix IMEI basebased on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
- Download and Update PixysOS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro with Android 10
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi and Mi devices
- List of Android 10 Supported Xiaomi Mi and Redmi Devices [2020 Update list]
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported Xiaomi Devices