Normally, people create multiple social media accounts for two reasons. Either they want to have a backup profile in case their primary profile becomes inaccessible due to hacking or any other such issue. The second reason is creating a business account and linking it or managing it via a primary personal account. Creating separate accounts is allowed on almost all notable social media platforms. If you use TikTok, then also you can create multiple accounts in it.
In this guide, I will tell you the steps to create multiple accounts on TikTok. The process is quite easy as TikTok allows various other social network platforms through which you can log in to Tiktok. Here I’m talking about login by linking the profile. Apart from this basic method of account creation is also there. I mean the one that requires to sign-up with an email ID and a few personal info. Let’s get into the details of this.
Login to Multiple TikTok Accounts On Your Phone
Before getting into the steps here are a few things you must have to smoothly operate multiple accounts on TikTok.
- Multiple email IDs
- More than one phone number
- Minimum of Two Apple IDs
- Accounts on other social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- More than one smartphone or tablet
Creating the Initial Account
This is easy and takes a few steps only.
- Download the TikTok app to your device and install it
- Open the app
- As you are a new user you will be greeted with the option to Sign up for an account
- You will get options to sign up using Gmail ID, Apple ID, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Choose the way which is convenient for you
- Enter your birthdate
- Then enter the email ID to which a confirmation link will be sent
- Enter the email ID > set a password [try to use a strong password]
- Complete the captcha challenge and get access to your TikTok account.
How to Create Multiple TikTok Account
Now, it’s time to create our second account
- Open TikTok and access it
- Tap on Me > then tap on your username [the primary account you created in the previous section]
- Upon expanding, you should see an option Add Account. Tap on it.
- Now, you have to sign-up again as we did previously.
- You will see the same options of signing-up such as using Gmail, Apple ID, Twitter, etc.
- Make sure not to use the same email ID or phone number, or social media profile you used to create the primary account. TikTok will not accept that. You need multiple email IDs(at least two) and phone number for running more than one TikTok accounts.
- Also, it is wiser to create accounts using email IDs as you can easily create multiple email IDs using Gmail.
- If you create multiple accounts on the same device such as smartphone/tab, then Tiktok will consider that as a business account. That’s why I mentioned you to have multiple devices(minimum of two) to handle two TikTok profiles separately.
Switch Between Various Accounts
Now, let’s check out how to switch between one account to another. This we can do from multiple devices provided we are already logged in. Otherwise, we have to enter credentials and log in first.
- Launch TikTok app
- Go to Me > tap on your account name [it will have a drop-down arrow symbol]
- You will see the list of accounts you have on TikTok signed up through various channels
- Tap on the account which you wish to access
So, that’s how you can create and login to multiple TikTok accounts. If you are just a regular user without any business requirement then create accounts from different emails or devices. Try it out and in my opinion, two accounts will suffice. Also, it is better to manage.
Having a backup account is good if you have a lot of content or different kinds of content to share. In case, one account becomes inaccessible, you can manage the platform with the second account. I hope this guide was informative.
- Can I Get my Deleted TikTok Account back?
- TikTok Shadowban Explained in Details: How to Undo A Shadowban
- How to Know if Someone Took A Screenshot of My TikTok Profile