NVMe drives are hard disk drivers with fast read-write speeds for computer enthusiasts. Most NVMe comes with an inbuilt driver, making the installation process easier for Windows 10 or another operating system. But if they don’t, then there are ways to download and install the latest NVMe driver on Windows 10 PC.
We need NVMe Driver on Windows 10 PC only if we have an NVMe SSD installed on our PC. NVMe means Non-Volatile Memory Express, which is either used to make a communication interface or developed a protocol, especially for NVMe SSDs. Basically, NVMe SSDs are the future of SSD.
Unfortunately, if you are using a nine-year-old OS such as Windows 7, then the NVMe drivers don’t support your PC. If we talk about users’ problems, then it is due to the NVMe driver’s lack on their Windows 10 PC, then based upon different motherboards, the NVMe SSD fails to acknowledge the Windows Setup. Based on the different situations, you need to be work out differently.
Table of Contents
Do We Need NVMe Driver On Windows | Where To Download?
Well, the answer is straightforward. Yes, we need NVMe Driver on Windows, but only if we have NVMe SSD installed on our PC or Laptop. Moreover, if you want to know how and where to download the NVMe Driver on your Windows PC, stick with this guide until the end.
Method 1: Manually Download and Install the NVMe Driver
Entreatingly, you can able to download the NVMe drivers from your SSD manufacture or provider. However, the steps we have mentioned below might differ depending upon your SSD manufacture brand. Let’s take the example of Samsung NVMe SSD. Then you can directly download it through the Samsung website. Similarly, if you have MSI NVMe SSD, you should go to the MSI NVMe official website.
There, please search for the Driver that you need and download it. Here are the steps to download and install the Samsung NVMe driver on your PC.
Step to Download and Install The NVMe Driver
- First of all, you need to go to the Samsung Support Center and search for the Driver you need to download.
- Now, select the appropriate one from the search result and download it by just clicking on the download files.
- After that, wait until the download process is completed and then open the newly-downloaded file of your NVMe driver.
- Now, what you need to do is extract the downloaded file on your PC so that you can use the file when required.
- Then, please right-click on the My PC or My Computer icon and select the Manage option from the drop-down list.
- In case you’re not an administrator, then it asks you for a password. So, you need to fill in the password and then click on yes.
- If you didn’t see a computer icon on your desktop, then you should follow the instruction given to find Computer management. Press and hold the Windows key + X simultaneously, and click on the Computer management from the drop-down list.
- Inside the computer management window, you need to click on the Device Manager. Then, click on the network adapter to expand it. Now, select the adapter that you want to update and right-click on it. Then choose the option Update Driver Software.
- After that, you need to click on the Browse my computer for driver software in the next window.
- Now, inside the Browse my computer tab, you need to tap on the let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and hit the enter key to proceed further.
- Then, checkmark the box located on the left side of the Show Compatible hardware. Further, tap on the Have Disk option.
- Now, a window will pop-ups showing having a browse option with it. So click on the Browse and directly go to the .inf file that you have already extracted. Then, click on the OK button.
- You have to wait for a while until the installation process is completed. Then, click on the Close button to finish the installation process.
Method 2: Automatically Download and Install the NVMe Driver
If you feel the method mentioned above is time-consuming and needs computer skills, you may try the automatic update method. You can easily download the NVMe driver using third-party applications such as Driver easy, Driver talent, DriverMax, etc.
That’s all we have for you on do we need NVMe Driver on Windows | where to download. Try one of our methods to download and install the NVMe driver on your Windows 10 PC for NVMe SSD. However, after applying any of the processes mentioned above, you need to restart your PC to apply the changes you have made.
- Fix: Kernel Security Check Failure in Photoshop
- Fix: Mapped Drive is Disconnected After Reboot
- Download and Install Intel HD Graphics 4400 Driver
- Fix: Hard Disk 1 Quick Error (303) on Windows
- What is Hkcmd Module in Startup? Is It Safe To Remove?
- Download Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager