Here you will find all the official stock ROM flash files for the Verizon LG Stylo 5 LMQ720 (LMQ720VSPN, LMQ720VSPSS, LMQ720VSP). Verizon LG Stylo 5 was launched in the year 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie. The device comes with Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 with 3GB RAM support. In this article, we will guide on how to download and install the stock ROM flash file on your Verizon LG Stylo 5.
As we know, Verizon rolls security patch update every month for their device, we have been tracking the update for LG Stylo 5 in a separate article for the same; so check out our article to get all detail about the new software update for Verizon LG Stylo 5; Verizon LG Stylo 5 Software Update Tracker.
Check for OTA Updates Manually
Whenever the device manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device, an OTA update notification will appear. By just tapping on it, it will ask to confirm download the update. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- From the home screen, tap on Apps > Settings.
- If using the Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap on Update Center > System update > Check for update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update the LG Stylo 5
New Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware that brings the latest security patch for LG Stylo 5.
- Release date: July 18, 2020
- Android version: 9.0 Pie
- Security patch level (SPL): July 1, 2019
- Software version: Q720VS10g
- File size: 350.3MB
- What’s changed: The current software update provides performance improvements and the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
Steps to Flash Verizon LG Stylo 5 Firmware File
We will follow the flash tool guide to install or update the LG stock firmware on LG Stylo 5 device. We have provided the full guide below. Check it out. Before going to the installation process, let’s take a look at the requirements as well.
- The ROM is only supported for LG Stylo 5 model. Don’t use it with other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and USB cable to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers on your computer.
- LG Bridge software – Download and install it on your PC.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP on your PC and install it.
If you see any blank screen from the above download link, you have to download and install the XDM download manager first, Once you installed the XDM download manager you can simply copy the above KDZ firmware URL and start a new download job in XDM download manager.
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use LG Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide that you can follow to install the firmware on your device.Guide to Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed or updated the Stock Firmware on your LG Stylo 5 device. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.