In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Moto G30 XT2129 (codenamed capri plus) using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Moto G30, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Moto G30 Specifications: Overview
The Moto G30 features a 6.5-inches IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. There is no high refresh rate offering with this IPS panel. Powering the device is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450. This is a budget offering from Qualcomm in terms of mobile processors built on an 11nm manufacturing process. This octa-core processor features four Kryo 240 cores clocked at 1.8GHz and four Kryo 240 cores clocked at 1.6 GHz.
In terms of optics, we have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The rear setup consists of a 48MP primary camera paired with an f/1.7 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a single 8MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. Both the front and the rear setup are capable of capturing only 1080p videos. The rear camera can do it with 60fps, while the front is only limited to 30fps.
There is only a single storage variant of this smartphone with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. There is a Hybrid SIM slot for storage expansion via a MicroSD card. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. For sensors, we have a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, and proximity. As mentioned above, this smartphone packs in a huge 6,000 battery that can be charged up quickly using a 20W fast charging adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Aurora Grey and Breeze Blue.
Steps To Root Moto G30 XT2129 Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Moto G30 model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Moto G30
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Moto G30 from below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Moto G30 XT2129 device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.