Sprint released Android 7.0 Nougat Stock ROM for Galaxy Note 5 few days back. You can get the full firmware and guide to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Sprint Galaxy Note 5 Here. Most Android users root their device to achieve root access where they can modify, customize and also increase the performance of their device. If you looking to Root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P running Android Nougat, then you are at the right place. In this guide we will explain the easiest way introduced by Chainfire, a well known root developer to root your Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P .
You can easily root your phone with our simple method. In this method to root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P , we used CF-Auto-Root where CF Stands for ChainFire. Chainfire’s Auto-root package was released to most of Galaxy S6 variants including Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P . So if your phone is running Android 7.0 Nougat or below version, then you can use this complete tutorial to root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P .
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
- 2 Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto Root Package on Sprint Galaxy Note 5
How to Root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P with CF Auto Root (Nougat)
Sprint Galaxy Note 5 can be easily rooted using CF Auto Root aka Chainfire’s Auto root package. To root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 running Android Nougat, you need to download ODIN Software which is required to flash any Sprint device. So here is the full guide to install ODIN software on your PC/Laptop.
What is Rooting and How does it helps Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P ?
If you root Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P , you can unlock many features which can’t be done by non-rooted android devices. Rooting Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P gives the power to modify the software code on the device or install other software that the manufacturer wouldn’t normally allow you to.
Here are the some of the features you can do after enabling root access :
- Unlock Hidden Features and Install “Incompatible” Apps
- You can use apps like tasker which Automates Everything
- Increases battery life and performance of Sprint Galaxy Note 5.
- Block Ads using any app on Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P
- Backup your apps and data.
- Remove Bloatware apps on Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P .
- Flash Custom Kernel and ROM on Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P .’
- Customize your Android phone to your taste and need.
Note: To flash the CF Auto Root on Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P , we used ODIN to flash the CF Auto Root.
- You need either PC or Laptop.
- Charge your phone to atleast 50%.
- Download CF Auto Root file on your computer
- Download and install ODIN software tool on your PC/Laptop
- Backup your phone before your modify your system.
Required Files and Downloads
Steps to Flash Chainfire’s Auto Root Package on Sprint Galaxy Note 5
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin with ID:COM which means your device is connected by Odin. (as shown below)
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the CF-Auto-Root.tar file which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
Note: You should not remove or operate on your device until the flashing process in shown to be completed.
Once the flashing process is completed and if everything has gone as planned, you should be able to see a big green box saying “RESET” or “PASSED.” This will depend on the version of Odin downloader you have downloaded. By now, the device have finished rebooting and it is safe to remove/unplug the phone/device.
That’s ALL! When you restart your device, you will have root access on Sprint Galaxy Note 5 N920P .