If you own a Vivo Y91c smartphone and were willing to tinker around with it, then you’re at the right place! Read on carefully to find out how you can easily root Vivo Y91c (PD1818HF) using Magisk without TWRP. We have all the required downloads, prerequisites and a detailed guide on how you can do so, so read on!
However, the real fun begins when you start playing around with your phone, and this includes rooting it. Over the years, even though the demand for rooting Android phones has dropped substantially, it is just as much fun as it was previously, and truly unlocks the doors for your smartphone. With a rooted Vivo Y91c, you can do things that you can’t achieve on an unrooted phone. This includes being able to access the system files or use apps that can perform powerful tasks that require root. You can use services like Greenify which help in saving a lot of battery life as well.
What is Magisk?
Before Magisk was released a few years ago, the go to method or service that people used to root their phones with used to be SuperSU, and it is still quite desirable since it supports almost all the Android devices out there. However, with Magisk came the concept of the systemless root. This means you can modify the system components without actually tampering with the system files. Magisk does this by altering and storing temporary files in the boot partition as opposed to modifying the actual system files. Not only is this method a lot safer, but it is effectively faster and more efficient. Magisk also comes with a beautifully designed Magisk Manager app, which is an all around the hub for checking out on device stats, your root status, and even download and install various modules on your phone.
With all of that being said and summarized, let’s finally take a look at how you can Root Vivo Y91c using Magisk and make the most out of your device!
Steps To Root Vivo Y91c Using Magisk
- After Rooting, it may void the warranty of your phone.
- Rooting will block the OTA updates
Before moving on to the flashing steps, you need to follow a few,
- Make sure to have enough battery charge on your phone to avoid interruption during the patch installation.
- Before performing any modification take backup of your device data.
- This image file is strictly for Vivo Y91c (PD1818HF) only. Do not use it on any other Android devices.
- You need PC/Laptop with a micro USB cable to connect.
- Make sure that you download all the required files on your PC/Laptop
- Download ADB and Fastboot files. (Windows/MAC)
- Download and Install Vivo USB Drivers.
- Download Latest Vivo Y91c Stock ROM
- Download and Install SP Flash tool on your PC
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot Image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. How To Install the Patched Boot Image on Vivo Y91c
Follow the given link to install Patched Boot Image on Vivo Y91c (PD1818HF):
In some cases, if the above method doesn’t work on your Vivo Y91c, then try via ADB fastboot method.
- After extracting ADB fastboot tool, you must move the patched boot image to the same folder. Hold the SHIFT key and click on the right mouse button to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Run the following command in the open command prompt.
fastboot flash recovery [filename.img]
Please replace [filename.img] with the name of the TWRP Recovery img file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- The flashing process will begin. Once done, run
How to Verify if your phone has a systemless root?
- Download and install the Magisk Manager app APK, and launch it.
- To verify that you have systemless root, check the top of the screen and if you see all option with Green Tick which means you have successfully rooted and bypassed SafteyNet.
That’s all folks! If we helped you in rooting your Vivo Y91c, then we’re glad we could be of use. If you have any queries regarding the guide, then let us know down below, we’d be happy to assist you!
thnks man it is good job that you are doing
Sir G this lesson is Complicated at end poind when install patched image file amd how to change name of twrp with plz explain me and this edited firmware is need to install or not plz tell me i like it but at end i confuse
Please make a video
plss make a video bro