Updated on December 15, 2020: Samsung Galaxy A31 received the November 2020 security patch in the Asian region with build number A315GDXU1BTK3. The update is still running on Android 10 and not the new Android 11 with One UI 3.0. We can expect the rollout to be May 2021.
Updated on December 14, 2020: Today Samsung rolled the November 2020 security patch for the Galaxy A31 globally. The update is live with software version A315FXXU1BTK3.
Samsung Galaxy A31 is one of the budget smartphones that is expected to launch in April 2020 under the A-series. The device features a Super AMOLED display, Android 10 (One UI 2), quad rear cameras, nice aesthetics, a bigger battery, and more. In this topic, we will share the official Samsung Galaxy A31 Android 11 R release date and feature guidelines.
Google has recently rolled out the Android 11 update for the Google Pixel series. Recently Samsung started rolling the One UI 3.0 beta (Android 11) for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S20, and many more. You can check out more details of Samsung One UI 3.0 here.
Galaxy A31 Specifications:
The Galaxy A31 comes with a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED display that has 1080×2340 pixels resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio. While the handset runs on One UI 2.0 on the top of Android 10 out-of-the-box. It’s equipped with Exynos 9611 SoC, paired with 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB/128GB of internal storage options. There is a dedicated MicroSD card slot as well.
It has a quad rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/2.0) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 5MP (macro, f/2.4) + a 5MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. While the front packs a 20MP (wide, f/2.2) selfie camera with some AI modes. It sports a 5,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support.
Now, talking about the connectivity option, the device has dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, a 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, single & dual Nano-SIM slot, etc. It also features an optical under-display fingerprint sensor, an ambient light, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
Android 11 – Overview
Android 11 is the eleventh iteration of Google’s own OS (Operating System). It was released on September 8, 2020, and rolled out to their Pixel phones on day one. Later, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo, and Realme rolled the beta update for their flagship device on the same day. Talking about the features of Android 11, you can check out the list of new features and enhancements it brings:
- Scheduled Dark Theme
- ‘Conversations’ Section in Notification Shade
- Built-in Screen Recorder
- Pin Apps in the Share Menu
- Send Images in Notification Replies
- New APIs for 5G
- Reverse Wireless Charging Support (Google Pixel 4a or 5)
- Use Bluetooth Headphones in Airplane Mode
- Scrolling screenshots
- Bubble Notifications on by Default
- New Back Cover Gestures (Likely Pixel-Exclusive)
- Show Refresh Rate
- Power Menu Toggles
- Quick Access Wallet
- New Permissions Options
- Background Location Access Must Be Granted Manually
- Auto-Block Spammy Permission Prompts
- New Scoped Storage Permission
- New Motion Sense Gesture (Pixel 4)
- New Notification History UI
- Increase Touch Sensitivity
- Better Back Sensitivity
- Mobile Drivers License Support
- Changes to BiometricPrompt API
- Improved Call Screening
- Support for Punch Hole & Waterfall Displays
- Disable Vibrations While Using the Camera
- HDMI Low-Latency Mode
- Low Latency Video Decoding
- New Bluetooth Stack
- Separated Quick Settings & Notification Tray
- Music Player in Quick Settings
- Unsupported Bluetooth Codecs Are Now Grayed Out
- Suggested Apps in Home Screen Dock
Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy A31
Since Samsung is quite busy rolling out the One UI 2.0 (Android 10) update for the devices and there are quite a few devices waiting in line. So, it seems unlikely that the Android 11 update announcement will be made anytime soon. It is expected that the update will be made available for the Galaxy A31 users only the next year after the stable Android 11 update comes out for the Google Pixel devices. We will keep you in the loop once we have more information in this regard.