Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update; One UI 4.0 for the Galaxy A42 5G based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number A426BXXU3CVA9 for users in Europe and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest January 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Being the 12th installment of the Android series, Android 12 creates a lot of hype with its new features, design, UI improvements, and many more. According to the official, they are planning to release the stable version of their latest OS update anywhere soon in the month of August or October month. Meanwhile, every big smartphone venture already started rolling out their OS skin based on Android 12 for their flagship segments. Previously, Google stated that this update is going to be one of the most prominent changes ever made by Google in their OS. This is the main reason behind the hype created for the upcoming updates.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G: Device Overview
Samsung has been releasing phones left, right, and center these past few months in the hope of capturing the smartphone monopoly that it once used to have in countries such as Europe and India. Their latest release is the Samsung Galaxy A42 which brings some very unique characteristics to the board and is aimed at a very specific audience in mind. The Galaxy A42 is a 5G-enabled phone that was announced on September 2 of 2020 and is being sold in the European market for a price tag of €369.
It has a large footprint with a 6.6-inch Super AMOLED display to the front. The display has very tiny bezels to the sides with a slightly more pronounced chin. It also makes space for the front-facing 20-megapixel camera in a subtle U-shaped waterdrop notch. The back panel of the Galaxy A42 has a refreshing and unique look to it with a camera bump that is home to the quad-camera sensor.
The rear camera bump features the main 48-megapixel sensor alongside an 8MP ultrawide lens, a 5MP depth sensor, and another 5MP macro camera. This camera setup basically covers most of the shooting scenarios and should suit well for people who like capturing a lot of photos. The processor onboard is speculated to be the new Snapdragon 690 SoC and the phone is backed up by 4GB of RAM. The Galaxy A42 also comes with a mammoth 5000 mAh battery with fast charging capabilities.
One UI 4.0 Upgrade and Features
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G came out of the box with Android 10 and later received the Android 11 update. According to Samsung’s recent policy change, their device will get three years of major OS support and four years of a security patch update. As promised, finally Samsung started rolling their One UI 4.0 update to their most flagship and feature-rich smartphone.
One UI 4.0, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
Android 12 One Ui 4.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on February 22, 2022: Today Samsung rolled their first One Ui 4.0 update to the European users with software version A426BXXU3CVA9.
Updated on May 19, 2022: Samsung started seeding March 2022 security patch update for the device with software version A426BXXU3DVC2. The update is based on Android 11.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.0 Update:
|Build Number: A426BXXU3DVC2
File Size: 4 GB
Security Patch: March
|Build Number: A426BXXU3CVA9
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung A42 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy A42 5G, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy A42 5G battery charged at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at steps to flash Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy A42 5G.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy A42 5G. In order to flash Android 12 (One UI 4.0) on Samsung Galaxy A42 5G, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy A42 5G.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy A42 5G to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy A42 5G.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Dobrý den chci se zeptat adroid 12 kdy přijde na samsung galaxy a 42 5g síť kdy bude ta to aktualizace už dostupná pozdravem pan Gancarcik