Samsung Galaxy M52 5G launched in India as a premium mid-range 5G phone that comes with triple rear cameras and a 120Hz Super AMOLED Plus display. The device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G SoC, a 7,000mAh battery, and packs up to 8GB + 128GB.
Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update, One UI 4.0 for the Galaxy M52 5G based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number M526BXXU1BVC6 for users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest March 2022 Security patch, which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G Device Overview:
Samsung M52 5G features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a high refresh rate panel with a 120Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 2.4 GHz and four Kryo 670 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 642L.
In terms of optics, we have a triple-camera setup at the rear with a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, a 12MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we have a 32MP selfie sensor with an f/2.2 lens. The front sensor can capture only 1080p videos, while the rear setup can record 4K videos.
The smartphone comes with Android 11 out of the box with OneUI 3.1 skin on top. There are two storage variants of this smartphone with 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage and 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage. There is also a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. For powering the device, we have a 5000 mAh battery that supports 25W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three color options: Icy Blue, Blazing Black, and White.
One UI 4.0 Upgrade and Features
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy M52 5G came out of the box with Android 10 and later received the Android 11 update. According to Samsung’s recent policy change, their device will get three years of major OS support and four years of a security patch update. As promised, finally Samsung started rolling their One UI 4.0 update to their most flagship and feature-rich smartphone.
One UI 4.0, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
Android 12 One Ui 4.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on May 14, 2022: Samsung started seeding March 2022 security patch update for the device with software version M526BXXU1BVD5. The update is based on Android 12.
Updated on January 07, 2022: Today, Samsung rolled their first One Ui 4.0 update to the users around the globe with software version M526BXXU1BVC6.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.0 Update:
|Build Number: M526BXXU1BVD5
Security Patch: March 2022
File Size: 4 GB
|Build Number: M526BXXU1BVC6
Security Patch: March 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung M52 5G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy M52 5G, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy M52 5G battery charged at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy M52 5G.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy M52 5G. In order to flash Android 12 (One UI 4.0) on Samsung Galaxy M52 5G, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy M52 5G.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy M52 5G to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy M52 5G.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.