Back in January 2020, Samsung released its new rugged device i.e. the Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro. Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Stock Firmware – Software Update Tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro features a 6.3 inch IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution. This means that it has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. It has an aspect ratio of 19:5:9, a screen to body ratio of 79.4 percent, and a pixel density of 409 Pixel Per Inch ( PPI ). This device has the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for protecting the front.
Coming to the internals, it sports the tried and tested Samsung’s in-house Exynos 9611 SoC that is built on the 10nm process. This Octa-core Soc has Cortex A73 and Cortex A53 cores that clock 2.3GHz and 1.7GHz respectively. To the GPU side, it sports the Mali G72 MP3. The device is available in a single variant that comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. This onboard storage is further expandable via a micro SD card slot.
Talking about the optics, the Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro sports a dual rear camera setup. This dual-camera setup includes a primary 25MP sensor with an aperture value of f/1.8 and PDAF. This sensor pairs with a secondary 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2. This rear camera also supports for features like Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama and can shoot videos in 1080P @ 30fps. Being a rugged smartphone, we can’t complain about this or even we can’t expect a rugged smartphone to perform well in cameras. To the front, this device pairs with a 13MP sensor with an f/.20 aperture.
The Galaxy Xcover Pro packs a massive 4,050 mAh battery that supports 15W fast charging tech from the brand. It runs on the OneUI 2.0 that is based on Android 10 Talking about biometric options available, it has a side mounted fingerprint scanner and also support for face unlock. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/k/v/r, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot. Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE. GPS, with A-GPS, NFC. USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Sensors on this smartphone include accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compas. Since it is rugged smartphone, it includes certifications like MIL-STD-810G compliant, Drop-to-concrete resistance from up to 1.2 m, and also IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 35 mins). Even though it is a rugged smartphone, this weighs about 179 grams.
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Stock Firmware Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page.
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using SM-A315F, then download firmware starting with SM-A315F.
|G715FNXXU6ATK8||December 2020 Security Patch Update|
|G715FNXXS6ATK2||December 2020 Security Patch Update|
|G715FNXXS6ATJ2||November 2020 Security Patch|
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro Android 11 Timeline Tracker
No Update on the Android 11 version
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.