A Steam Deck Keyboard is a type of gaming keyboard that is designed to work with the Steam gaming platform. The Steam platform is a digital distribution service developed by Valve Corporation that allows users to purchase and play games on their computers.
Moreover, the Steam Deck Keyboard is a gaming keyboard that has been optimized for use with the Steam platform and includes additional features such as backlit keys, programmable macro keys, and customizable key bindings. But these kinds of issues are really frustrating. That’s the reason why we are here. In this article, you will learn how to fix Steam Deck Keyboard not showing in desktop mode issue. So, let’s get started with it.
How to Fix Steam Deck Keyboard Not Showing in Desktop Mode
If your Steam Deck Keyboard is not showing up in desktop mode, you can troubleshoot the issue in the following ways:
Fix 1: Restart your Computer
The most common troubleshooting approach is to reboot the device to help fix Steam Deck Keyboard not showing in desktop mode issue. It involves shutting down the device and then restarting it. The process of rebooting a device can vary depending on the type of device and the operating system it uses.
You can reboot it by clicking on the “Start” button and, selecting the “Power” option, then clicking on “Restart.” Alternatively, you can press the “Ctrl,” “Alt,” and “Delete” keys simultaneously and then click on “Restart” in the options that appear.
Fix 2: Check the Connection
Make sure that the keyboard is properly connected to your computer. Also, check that the USB cable is not loose and that the keyboard is powered on.
Fix 3: Update drivers
Updating the driver for your keyboard is a simple process that can help fix Steam Deck Keyboard not showing in desktop mode issues, such as a keyboard not working or not being recognized by your computer. Here are the general steps to update a keyboard driver:
- Visit the manufacturer’s website.
- Once you have located the updated driver, download it to your computer and then follow the instructions provided to install the new driver.
- Restart your computer: After you have installed the new driver, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Alternatively, you can use the Device Manager on Windows to update your keyboard driver. Here are the steps:
- Initially, in the start menu, search for Device Manager or press Windows + X and select it from the menu.
- Find the keyboard in the list of devices and expand the category.
- Right-click on the keyboard device and select “Update Driver.”
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- It will now look for the latest driver software and install it if it is available.
- It is necessary to restart your computer in order for the changes to take effect.
Fix 4: Check for Conflicting Software
Checking for conflicting software is a troubleshooting step that can help fix Steam Deck Keyboard not showing in desktop mode issue. Conflicting software can include any program or background process that interferes with the operation of your keyboard. Here are the general steps to check for conflicting software:
- Open the Task Manager on Windows by pressing the “Ctrl,” “Alt,” and “Delete” keys simultaneously, or right-click on the taskbar and select “Task Manager.”
- Look for any software that is running that might be conflicting with your keyboard. Then, select them and hit the end task button.
Fix 5: Check Steam Big Picture Mode
Checking Steam Big Picture mode is a troubleshooting step that can help fix issues with your Steam Deck keyboard, as these keyboards are designed to work with the Steam platform and Steam Big Picture mode in particular. Here are the general steps to check Steam Big Picture mode:
- Open Steam
- Thereafter, look at the top right corner of the Steam window; if you see a controller beside your username, Steam Big Picture mode is currently active.
- If Steam Big Picture mode is active, you can exit it by clicking on the controller icon and selecting “Exit Big Picture.”
- Try using the keyboard in desktop mode: Once you have exited Steam Big Picture mode, try using the keyboard in desktop mode and check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 6: Windows Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter is a built-in tool in the Windows operating system that can help diagnose and fix Steam Deck Keyboard not showing in desktop mode issue. It can also troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, and system configurations.
Users can access the Troubleshooter by searching for it in the Start menu or by going to the Control Panel and selecting “Troubleshoot.” Once the Troubleshooter is open, users can select the specific issue they are experiencing and follow the on-screen instructions to try and resolve the problem.
Fix 7: Check if its a Hardware Issue
To check if a problem is related to a hardware issue or not, you can try the following steps:
- Restart the device and see if the problem persists.
- Check for loose connections or cables.
- Run diagnostic tests on the device, if available.
- Check for any physical damage to the device.
- Try the device on another known working system or with different components.
- See if there are any error messages or codes that may indicate a specific hardware issue.
If the problem still persists after trying these steps, it may be best to consult the manufacturer or a professional for further troubleshooting and repair.
Also Read: Fix: Steam Deck Screen Tearing Problem
So, that’s how you can easily fix the Steam Deck Keyboard not showing up in desktop mode issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.