Nintendo’s Switch has achieved so much that it can’t be underestimated. By combining console and handheld elements, this innovative device created a hybrid product many of us never knew we needed. It has been a year since Nintendo launched its Switch console, and although fans were initially happy with its performance, expectations have changed.
However, Steam Deck is one of them. Although the device is great, there are still some errors in this device. Yes, the Steam Deck WiFi is not working or disconnecting for some users.
However, on an investigation, we have found some fixes that have the potential to resolve this kind of error. So, if you are facing a not working or disconnecting problem with your Steam Deck, proceed with the fixes outlined below.
Fix: Steam Deck Bluetooth Not Working or Pairing
Steam Deck Not Launching Games in Offline Mode, How to Fix?
Fix: Steam Deck Not Syncing to Cloud
Steam Deck Keyboard Not Working, How to Fix?
Steam Deck Charging Slowly, How to Fix Slow Charging Warning?
Fix: Steam Deck Stuck on Loading or Boot Screen
Steam Deck Not Booting After Update, How to Fix?
Fix: GTA 5 Steam Deck Crashing or Not Launching
Fix: Steam Deck CSGO Controls Not Working
Steam Deck Games Not Full Screen, How to Fix?
- How To Fix Steam Deck WiFi Not Working or Disconnecting
How To Fix Steam Deck WiFi Not Working or Disconnecting
Although the reason behind this problem is unknown, we have still tried our best to help you resolve the Steam Deck WiFi not working or disconnecting issue with our fixes. Here are some fixes you might want to try if you’re experiencing this problem:
Fix 1: Power Cycle your WiFi Router
A power cycle of your router is the first step in resolving Steam Deck download problems. With this information, you’ll be able to set up a new connection with your ISP without any problems. You can get started by following these steps:
- Take the power cable out of the power switch to turn off your router completely.
- Plug it back in after 5 to 10 minutes, and then leave it for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Please check if this will speed up the Steam Deck download for you.
Ensure that you restart those devices affected by the problem during the process.
Fix 2: Force Reboot Steam Deck
To solve the Steam Deck WiFi is not working or disconnecting issue, force restarts your console.
To do so, follow these steps:
- To begin, press the Power button and hold it for at least 12 seconds.
- Once the console has been turned off, press the power button once again.
- Your Steam Deck can now be connected to the internet, and your games will begin to download more quickly.
- Once the console has been restarted, make sure that no other software is running on it.
- If the Steam Deck WiFi continues to be WiFi not working or disconnecting issues, move on to the next solution.
Fix: Steam Deck Not Connecting to Monitor
Steam Deck Internet Keeps Disconnecting, How to Fix?
Fix: Steam Deck Sound Not Working / Audio Cutting Out
All SteamVR Error Code 2022 and Their Solutons
Steam Purchase Cannot be Completed Error, How to Fix?
How to Install Windows 11 on Steam Deck
How to Play Rocket League on Steam Deck
How To Fix If Steam Deck Format SD Card Greyed Out
Fix: Steam Deck Keyboard Not Showing in Desktop mode
Fix 3: Update Your Router’s Firmware
It is possible that an outdated router software is causing Steam Deck WiFi not connecting issues due to a drop in internet speed.
In order to get Steam Deck to download faster, you should update your router’s firmware.
Your router’s firmware can be updated by following these steps:
- Log in to your router.
- Click on the software update option once you have logged in.
- Afterward, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and fix your Steam Deck WiFi not working problem.
You changed the channel on your router again after updating your router firmware did not help fix Steam Deck WiFi not working or disconnecting.
Fix 4: Change Channel on Your Router
Users who are experiencing Steam Deck WiFi not working or disconnecting issues have tested and recommended changing the channel on their router.
In areas where wireless devices and routers compete with each other for the same frequencies, you can improve your wireless performance by following this process.
You can change the channel on your router by following these steps:
- From your web browser, log in to your router page.
- Change the channel of your router by choosing the wireless band (3GHz or 5GHz) from the menu.
- For your chosen frequency, click on Wireless Settings.
- From the Channel option, a drop-down menu will appear.
- Then select Save to create a new channel.
- Now, check if Steam Deck WiFi is not working or disconnecting issue gets fixed or not.
Also, if you are still facing WiFi not working or disconnecting issues, then you can try the other channels or choose the default one.
Fix 5: Improve Your WiFi Speed
If you are having problems connecting to Steam Deck WiFi, you may be able to solve it by moving your router closer to your Steam Deck, so you will receive strong signals and be able to reconnect to your Steam Deck. Choose a wireless device that operates on the 5GHz band rather than the 2.4GHz band.
Fix 6: Change to a Different Network
While connected to a particular network, like their home WiFi, some users reported experiencing Steam Deck WiFi not working or disconnecting. However, when the network is changed, the issue disappears. You can see if Steam Deck downloads game more quickly if you switch to a mobile data hotspot instead of using your home or office network. Proceed to the next solution if you still experience WiFi not working or disconnecting in Steam Deck.
Fix 7: Disable WiFi Power Saving Mode
It was reported on Reddit that disabling the WiFi power-saving mode fixed Steam Deck WiFi problems.
Here are the steps you need to follow since it’s a tried and tested solution:
- In the Settings, right under the Library settings, you’ll find Developer Mode, which you need to enable first.
- There is an option for WiFi Power Saving in the Developer Mode tab.
- After you disable it, check whether Steam Deck WiFi does not work or disconnects.
Fix 8: Contact Steam Deck
You should contact Steam Deck and ask them to perform the necessary repairs to the console if the WiFi on Steam Deck is not working or disconnects after performing the above fixes and force rebooting.
Streamlining the PC-like gaming experience is one of Steam Deck’s biggest strengths. The device is powered up in a matter of seconds and can be jumped into a game in no time at all. Yeah, there are some issues with this device, but we have already mentioned how to fix them.
So, you can use them and enjoy your game. Anyway, that’s how to fix the Steam Deck WiFi not working or disconnecting issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, comment below and let us know if you have any doubts or queries.