Want to flash the Stock ROM file on Motorola Moto G5S XT1792? Then you are in the right place. On this page, we will share the official Motorola G5S XT1792 flash files with their firmware installation guide. The method is simple and easy.
Well, you might have ended up in situations such as hard brick, want to fix Bluetooth and WiFi issues, unroot your device, downgrade or fix the lag or freezing display. Whatever the case might be, one of the best solutions to fix your Motorola Moto G5S is by installing or flashing Stock ROM back on it. You can consider flashing Stock ROM like doing a Factory Data Reset on your Moto G5S running on stock ROM.
- Why We Need Firmware Files?
- Steps to Install Motorola XT1792 Firmware Flash File
- Motorola E7 Plus XT1792 Firmware Flash Files:
Why We Need Firmware Files?
Stock Firmware or a Stock ROM is official software that is designed by the OEM manufacturer for a particular device. This file is required to fix any software related issue on your Moto G5S. If you are facing any problem with your device, your final attempt will be to re-install the stock ROM. This way, you can restore your device back to stock ROM. This guide will be more useful to those users who always want to try rooting, installing mods or custom ROM.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Here are the answers to why you need to download and save the Moto G5S Stock ROM flash file on your computer.
- If your device is dead, you can unbrick using Stock ROM file
- You can fix or repair the IMEI on your device using DB files from Stock ROM
- Remove any malware or Adwares from Moto G5S
- You can fix the boot loop issue on Moto G5S
- Fix Unfortunately, the app has stopped error on Moto G5S
- Fix Network related issue
- Patch Boot image to Root using Magisk: Mediatek Guide or Spreadtrum Guide
- You can unroot Moto G5S
- To Reset or Remove FRP on your device: Mediatek FRP Guide or Spreadtrum FRP Guide
- Restore Moto G5S back to Factory State
Steps to Install Motorola XT1792 Firmware Flash File
Now, if you’re ready to flash the stock firmware manually on your Motorola Moto G5S XT1792 device then you need to download the flash tool, firmware file, and necessary drivers. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
- This ROM is supported for the Motorola Moto G5S XT1792 (montana) variant only.
- Make sure that your device should be charged at least 50% or higher.
- You will require a PC or Laptop with a USB Data Cable.
- We always recommend our readers take a full data backup of the device for safety purposes.
- Install Motorola USB Drivers and Rescue and Smart Assistant Tool on your PC
- To flash, you must download the ADB and Fastboot tool
Motorola E7 Plus XT1792 Firmware Flash Files:
|Flash File Name: OPPS28.65-37-7-11
Android Version: 8.1 Oreo
Firmware Installation Guide:
Check out the firmware flashing guide below for the Motorola Moto G5S XT1792. First, make sure to install or extract the adb and fastboot tool on your PC. Now enter the bootloader on your device.
Step 1. Bootloader Mode
Enter bootloader mode on your phone. To boot first, turn your phone off. Once your device turned off completely, press and hold volume down, and turn it on. You should see the bootloader screen.
Step 2. Connect Your Device to PC:
After booting your Motorola Moto G5S into bootloader mode, now connect it to the PC using the USB Cable.
Step 3. Download Stock ROM/Firmware:
To get the full ROM, you can use the LMSA or Rescue and Smart Assistant Tool. Download the zip file and copy it to somewhere on your PC. LMSA tool will unzip the file and will remove the zip file you downloaded.
You can also download the full stock ROM from the above download flash file section on this guide.
Step 4. Flashing Guide:
- The next step is to open the command window and go to the adb folder
- Enter the following command to flash the firmware.
mfastboot getvar max-sparse-size mfastboot oem fb_mode_set mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot flash dsp adspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase cache mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase DDR mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear mfastboot reboot
- Now your device will reboot into bootloader with the firmware you installed.
If mfastboot command line doesn’t work, you can just use the fastboot command.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.