UMIDIGI has unveiled its new budget smartphone i.e., the UMIDIGI A7 Pro. It comes with a 6.3-inch display, Helio P23 SoC, quad rear camera setup, 4150mAh battery, and runs on Android 10. Today we will guide you to install the stock ROM on UmiDigi A7 Pro. Here we have shared the official firmware for this device.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the bootloop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the UmiDigi A7 Pro device runs on MediaTek chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using the SP Flash Tool.
Table of Contents
UmiDigi A7 Pro Device Overview
The UMIDIGI A7 Pro features a 6.3 inches IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution, i.e., with pixels of 1080 x 2160 pixels. This device also gets an old-style waterdrop notch, and it has a pixel density of 409 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), a screen to body ratio of 82.23 percent, scratch-resistant glass and also it uses a 2.5D glass.
Coming to the internals of UMIDIGI A7 Pro, it sports the MediaTek MT6763V, which is also known as Helio P23 SoC. It is built on the 16nm process and has an octa-core setup. This setup includes four Cortex A53 cores, which clocks at 2.0GHz, and four Cortex A53 cores that clocks at 1.5GHz. It is a 64 bit SoC, and to the GPU side, it sports the ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU that clocks at 700MHz. Coming to the memory side, it comes with 4GB of RAM. This pairs with 64, and 128GB of eMMC 5.1 of internal storage. Further, this internal storage is expandable via the micro SD card up to 256GB. The smartphone runs on the latest Android 10 out of the box.
If we talk about the camera, the UMIDIGI A7 Pro sports a quad rear camera setup that is arranged vertically to the left of the back panel in a rectangle, the flash is also included in this setup. This setup includes a primary 16MP Sony IMX 398 sensor with an aperture value of f/2.0. This sensor pairs with a secondary 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with an aperture value of f/2.2. Further, it gets a 2MP macro sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4, and finally another 2MP depth sensor with an aperture value of f/2.4. It also supports LED flash, Digital Zoom, HDR, Panorama, autofocus, and touch focus. To the front, the device gets a 16MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value.
The UMIDIGI A7 Pro packs a 4,150 mAh battery that charges over the USB type C port. Sadly it doesn’t come with support for any fast charging tech. Connectivity options include Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, LE,, Wi-Fi- Wi-Fi 802.11, a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and USB Type-C, USB 2.0. Sensors onboard include Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Proximity, and Compass. Talking about the biometric options, it comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and as well as support for face unlock.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on UmiDigi A7 Pro
Before installing the Stock ROM on your UmiDigi A7 Pro, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
Stock ROM Advantages
Stock ROM comes by default on a smartphone or tablet device that usually runs on an operating system like Android OS. All the device OEMs provide the specially crafted and compatible firmware version for each and every model. It also offers a more stable and smoother user experience which you may not find on Custom Firmware.
- Fix Bootloop issue on UmiDigi A7 Pro
- Bricked your UmiDigi A7 Pro? Unbrick by following this tutorial
- Upgrade or Downgrade the software version on UmiDigi A7 Pro
- Can unroot the device
- Fix software related issues or bugs
- Get back the device warranty again, if under warranty period
- Device Name: UmiDigi A7 Pro
- ROM Type: Stock ROM
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6763V
- Android Version: Android 10
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive for the UmiDigi A7 Pro model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- If TWRP Recovery already installed, keep a Nandroid Backup via TWRP.
- You will require a computer and a USB data cable.
Instructions to Install: via Recovery
- First of all, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Tap on Build Number 7 Times.
- Go to Developer Options –> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download firmware from above and save it in Internal storage.
- Now Reboot to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from SD Card.
- Select the Downloaded ZIP file from SD Card.
- Wait until the installation process Completes.
- Once the installation completed. Reboot the Phone
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting anymore time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
Follow our full-depth video guide below:Video Guide to Install Stock ROM via SP Flash Tool
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your UmiDigi A7 Pro device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.