Vivo has come up with its new smartphone the Vivo Z6 5G, expected to be launched by 29th Feb. They have definitely done a great job regarding the design. It comes with a slim profile and a single punch-hole display which looks quite impressive. If you’re the Vivo Z6 5G user and looking for the official Stock Firmware to download, you can follow this full guide below. Here you can check how to install a firmware flash file on Vivo Z6 5G. We have also put up the stock firmware advantages, firmware info, and requirements for your ease.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the boot loop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the boot loop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Vivo Z6 5G device runs on Qualcomm chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using any method given below.
- Vivo Z6 5G Device Overview
- Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
- Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Z6 5G PD1963
Vivo Z6 5G Device Overview
The latest Vivo Z6 is a 5G phone from Vivo. The smartphone comes with a classy design and sports a punch-hole display with a selfie camera placed on the top right of the screen. The device runs on Android 10.0 with Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G. It also has Adreno 620 therefore you can have a good gaming experience as well. It comes in three different variants in terms of storage including a 128GB and 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM and 256GB 8GB RAM. The Z6 also offers a dedicated card slot which is really great. Moreover, you get a non-removable 5000mAH battery with a 44W fast charging support.
Like most other camera phones, the Vivo Z6 also maintains a good reputation in terms of the camera section. It comes with a 48MP main camera, an 8MP ultrawide lens, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth sensor for better capture. For the front section, it has a 32MP selfie camera lens. It is available in three different colour variants probably Dark blue, White and Aurora. In addition, you also get a rear-mounted fingerprint.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- You can unbrick your bricked Vivo Z6 5G.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your Vivo Z6 5G.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your Vivo Z6 5G.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to Install Stock ROM on Vivo Z6 5G PD1963
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo Z6 5G. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Download QFil Flash Tool or QPST Flash tool and install it on your PC.
- Install the Latest Vivo USB Drivers | Qualcomm drivers
- Device Supported: Vivo Z6 5G PD1963
- Tool Supported: QFil or QPST tool / MSMDownload tool
- Android OS: 10 Q
- Funtouch OS: 10
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the Vivo Z6 5G from the link below.
Download Flash Files
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via QFIL Tool:Guide to Install Stock ROM using QFIL Tool
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware, if not select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from PC. That’s it!
Method 4: Instructions to Install via QPST Tool:
Here are the instructions you need to follow in order to install Stock ROM on the Vivo Z6 5G :
- First of all, do all the PREREQUISITE STEPS and Now Open the Extracted QPST Folder
- You will find two files with the name: Qualcomm_USB_Drivers_For_Windows.rar and QPST.WIN.2.7 Installer-00429.zip
- Open the QPST Win folder and Install the QPST.exe file on your PC/Laptop
- After Installation, Go to the Installed Location in the C Drive
- Open the QPST Configuration
- Now in the QPST Configuration, Click on Add new port -> Select the com port of your device -> and close it
- Now Open the EMMC Software Downloader in the same folder located all the QPST Files
- In EMMC Software Downloader, Check program boot loaders -> Browse for the device com port
- Now Click Load XML Def and browse for rawprogram0.xml in folder ROM in EMMC Software Downloader (If you didn’t extract please extract the ROM and then browse the file rawprogram0.xml)
- Now tap on Load Patch def and browse for patch0.xml in folder ROM
- Check the search path 2 and browse for the folder ROM
- Now click download, wait for the download to finish (it never finish but it also detects for a new driver, and that’s important) and it will search for the new hardware found, install the driver
- That’s it! Once your installation is done! Reboot the phone! Congrats, you successfully installed Stock ROM on Vivo Z6 5G.
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on Vivo Z6 5G PD1963. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubts, do let us know.