Microsoft Teams is considered one of the most valuable and easy-to-manage applications for making video calls these days. It’s more than just a simple group video calling app; it allows users to share PowerPoint presentations, Word documents, and Excel sheets with app colleagues. But recently, a few users complained that the Windows 11 camera was not working when trying to join an online conference with Microsoft Teams.
How to Fix Microsoft Teams Windows 11 Camera Not Working/ Detecting?
The causes of the same issue might be a software glitch, outdated driver, or many more. Whatever may be the reason for this issue, in this article, we will explain everything you need to know to fix your webcam not working/detecting issue and work with Microsoft Teams again. To know more about them, have a look down below:
FIX 1: Disable all apps that use the camera
If you have apps like Zoom, Discord or Skype installed on your system, it can sometimes take control of your camera and prevent it from working with Microsoft Teams. So before joining an online meeting, you need to make sure that your camera is not using any other application and so that you need to deactivate all unwanted programs.
FIX 2: Check the Microsoft Teams settings
If you do not choose the right camera to join the conference call of the Microsoft Teams, it may not work as expected. Here you need to check the app settings and set it up properly. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, open Microsoft Teams and commence a virtual meeting.
- Then click on the three horizontal dots from the top menu and choose Device settings in the drop-down menu.
- In the newly opened window, select the right device under the Camera section
- Once done, check the webcam is working or not.
FIX 3: Update webcam driver
As we discussed earlier, one of the main causes of the camera-not-working issue is outdated or damaged webcam driver. Here the best possible solution is updating the driver. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Type Device Manager in the taskbar search box and open the relevant result from the list.
- Inside Device Manager, expand Cameras or Imaging Devices section.
- Right-click on the Webcam driver and select the Update driver option from the sub-menu.
- Once done, check now the webcam is working or not.
FIX 4: Reinstalling Microsoft Teams
If none of the above solutions does help you, then you need to uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft app. For doing so, follow these steps:
- Press Windows + R altogether to open the Run dialog box, type appwiz.cpl and then click OK.
- From the list of apps, right-click on Microsoft Teams and click Uninstall.
- Lastly, download the latest version of the app from the official page of Microsoft Teams and install it on your system.
These are the top fixes for the Microsoft Teams Windows 11 Camera Not Working/ Detecting issue. Any of the fixes mentioned above will definitely help you detect and correct the issue in no time.
At the end of this article, we hope above given information is helpful to you. If you have any queries or feedback, write down a comment in the below comment box.