Unlocking the device bootloader, installing the TWRP Recovery, and Rooting an Android device becomes quite easy and useful too in order to flash any Custom ROM or mod file. If you’re using the Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G device and want to root your device, this guide is for you. Here we will share with you the steps to Unlock bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi K30 5G device.
In order to install the TWRP Recovery on an Android device, unlocking the device bootloader is a must. As the smartphone OEMs provide locked bootloader for maintaining the device security. Bootloader unlocking will open the gate for a device and its system to install other mods or tools. Whereas, the Custom Recovery tools like TWRP, CWM, etc are really useful to flash zip files easily. Such as installing firmware files, root, and taking full backup or delete everything.
Table of Contents
- 1 Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G Specifications: Overview
- 2 What is TWRP?
- 3 Advantages of TWRP Recovery
- 4 Unlock Bootloader on Redmi K30 5G
- 5 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi K30 5G
- 6 Instructions to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K30 5G
- 7 Smartphone Rooting and its Advantages
- 8 Steps to Root Redmi K30 5G
Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G Specifications: Overview
The device comes with a 6.67-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution. The display has HDR10 and 120Hz refresh rate support along with the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G chipset, coupled with Adreno 620 GPU. It packs 6GB/8GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB of internal storage options (expandable up to 256GB via a hybrid slot).
The Redmi K30 5G runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10. Now, talking about the camera department, the device sports a dual selfie camera setup of a 20MP (wide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor. Whereas the rear has quad cameras that include 64MP (wide, f/1.9) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (dedicated macro camera, f/2.4) + a 2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor. It has PDAF, HDR, Panorama, dual-LED flash, and more.
It packs a 4,500mAh battery and supports 30W fast charging. In terms of the connectivity options, the device has a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, Infrared Port, NFC, FM Radio, Type-C port, etc. While the phone has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyro, ambient light, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
What is TWRP?
TWRP means Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android devices. All the ZIP files related to firmware and its customizations can be installed via TWRP Recovery. But in order to get TWRP on your Android device, your device bootloader should be unlocked first.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
Additionally, you can install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc. Meanwhile, you can create Nandroid backups, restores, factory reset, install GApps, and more. Now, let’s check how to install TWRP recovery on the Redmi K30 5G device. A special thanks to XDA Developer Raghu Varma for building this TWRP Recovery.
Unlock Bootloader on Redmi K30 5G
A device bootloader is a part of the software/OS that runs every time when your phone boots up. It indicates the phone what programs to load to run a device like Stock Recovery or boot into OS. The bootloader starts up the Android operating system when you turn on the phone normally.
It’s not necessary to unlock the device bootloader without any reason. As a normal user, you won’t find it useful. We won’t recommend it at all. But if you’re an advanced user or want to gain root access or want to install TWRP, then it will necessary to unlock the bootloader first. Follow the below guide:Steps to unlock bootloader on any Xiaomi devices
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi K30 5G
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Unlock Bootloader: Redmi K30 5G Bootloader should be unlocked. Check out the above guide.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Backup: Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data without Root.
- Rooting App: You have to download Magisk or Super SU.zip file for rooting. Choose anyone.
- Battery: Keep your device battery charged up to 60% minimum.
- USB Drivers: Download and Install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on the computer.
- Tools: Download ADB & Fastboot tools for Windows and Mac.
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi K30 5G (unofficial) | Download
Instructions to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K30 5G
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First, you have to enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device. Check whether your device connected or not by typing the following command and hit enter:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Done. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on Redmi K30 5G device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
Smartphone Rooting and its Advantages
Rooting is the unofficial way to gain administrator or superuser access on your device system and subsystem apps. Gaining the power user access on your Android device becomes so easy and the user can do any modification or changes to the system along with customizations.
There are some of the main reasons that Android users want to root their devices. Such as uninstalling bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery drainage, install Xposed modules, and more. However, rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates of the Stock ROM. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. So, make sure to follow the guide properly.