Finally, Today Vivo started pushing their new major OS update, Funtouch OS 12 for the Vivo Y20G based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number PD2066F_EX_A_6.70.25 for users globally and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Vivo has included the latest April / May 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Vivo Y20G Device Overview
- Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
- Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
Vivo Y20G Device Overview
The Vivo Y20G features a 6.51-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is powered by the dated MediaTek Helio G80, built on a 12nm manufacturing process. This is an octa-core processor consisting of 2 Cortex-A75 clocked at 2.0 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. The smartphone runs on Android 10 out of the box with Funtouch OS 11 skin on top of it.
We get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera in terms of cameras. The triple setup consists of a 13MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. Moving to the front side, we see an 8MP sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens. Both the front and rear setups are limited to only 1080p video recording.
There is only one storage variant of the smartphone, which offers 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. This storage is expandable via a dedicated microSD slot. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, FM radio, and MicroUSB 2.0. For sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, and compass. Powering all of it is a huge 5,000 mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging. This smartphone is available in two color options: Purist Blue and Obsidian Black.
Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
Android 12 is all about improved personalization and revamped user interface that changes the way to bring more dynamic expression and a whole new design element. It’s a successor of the last-gen Android 11 which was basically focused on the privacy and security of the user data. While the Android 12 not only focused on privacy features but also on visual treatment.
Talking about the features, it has all new and colorful yet minimal widgets that are now more dynamic than ever before. While the dynamic theme with the wallpapers is more expressive as per your mood. The notification shade, lock screen, and its notifications, glance screen, volume controls, quick shortcut tiles, new power menu, transitions or animations, etc everything looks & feels great whatsoever with the ‘Material You’ design.
Meanwhile, the impressive Privacy Dashboard feature, the privacy indicator on the top of the screen is also great. Whereas scrolling screenshot support, improved notifications, quick reply feature, on-device search feature, easy Wi-Fi sharing, one-handed mode, quick back tap feature, haptic-coupled audio effect, Android 12 updates via Google Play, App hibernation, all-new emojis, improved auto-rotate, and a lot more.
Android 12 Funtouch OS 12 Update Tracker:
Updated on June 30, 2022: Today Vivo rolled their first Funtouch OS 12 update to the global users with software version PD2066F_EX_A_6.70.25. The update comes with May 2022 security patch.
Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
|Build Number: PD2066F_EX_A_6.71.10
File Size: 3.3 GB
|Build Number: PD2066F_EX_A_6.71.7
File Size: 3.3 GB
|Build Number: PD2066F_EX_A_6.70.25
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Vivo Y20G
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Funtouch OS 12 update based on Android 12 on your Vivo Y20G, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Supported device: Vivo Y20G PD2066F
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup using any method given below
- Download Flash Tool: SP Flash Tool | Vivo AFTool
- Download Drivers: Mediatek USB Drivers and Vivo USB Drivers
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Vivo Y20G.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install Funtouch OS 12 files on your Vivo Y20G, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via AFTool:
- Launch the Vivo aftools to flash the ROM
- In the AFTool, locate the firmware file which you downloaded.
- Boot your device into EDL mode
- You can now connect your phone to a PC in fastboot or EDL mod.
- Click Start to upgrade your firmware.
Method 3: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your SP Flash Tool, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together and Connect your Phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool it means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your SP Flash Tool.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.