Vivo Y33s (model number PD2147F ) was launched in the year 2021 which comes out of the box with Android 11.0. Well, the device features a MediaTek Helio G80 processor and it packs a triple rear camera setup that includes a 50 MP primary sensor, a 2 MP macro shooter, and a 2 MP depth sensor. At the front, the notch on the Vivo Y33s houses a 16 MP selfie shooter.
Finally, Today Vivo started pushing their new major OS update, Funtouch OS 12 for the Vivo Y33s based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number PD2147F_EX_A_36.21.3 for users globally and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Vivo has included the latest December 2022 Security patch, which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
- Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
Android 12: What’s New and Its Features:
Android 12 is all about improved personalization and revamped user interface that changes the way to bring more dynamic expression and a whole new design element. It’s a successor of the last-gen Android 11 which was basically focused on the privacy and security of the user data. While the Android 12 not only focused on privacy features but also on visual treatment.
Talking about the features, it has all new and colorful yet minimal widgets that are now more dynamic than ever before. While the dynamic theme with the wallpapers is more expressive as per your mood. The notification shade, lock screen, and its notifications, glance screen, volume controls, quick shortcut tiles, new power menu, transitions or animations, etc everything looks & feels great whatsoever with the ‘Material You’ design.
Meanwhile, the impressive Privacy Dashboard feature, the privacy indicator on the top of the screen is also great. Whereas scrolling screenshot support, improved notifications, quick reply feature, on-device search feature, easy Wi-Fi sharing, one-handed mode, quick back tap feature, haptic-coupled audio effect, Android 12 updates via Google Play, App hibernation, all-new emojis, improved auto-rotate, and a lot more.
Android 12 Funtouch OS 12 Update Tracker:
Updated on January 25, 2023: Today, Vivo rolled out their first Funtouch OS 12 update to global users with software version PD2147F_EX_A_36.21.3. The update comes with December 2022 security patch.
Download Android 12 | Funtouch OS 12 Update:
|Build Number: PD2147F_EX_A_36.21.3
File Size: 4.0 GB
|Flash File Name: PD2147F_EX_A_36.20.3
File Size: 4 GB
File Type: OTA
Android Version: Android 12
Steps to Install Android 12 on Vivo Y33s
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the Funtouch OS 12 update based on Android 12 on your Vivo Y33s, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- The stock firmware provided here is for Vivo Y33s. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can back up your phone without root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Vivo Y33s.
Instructions to Flash The ROM:
To install Funtouch OS 12 files on your Vivo Y33s, we have given two methods, either you can follow the recovery method, or you can follow the Fastboot method. A detailed guide on both methods is given down below:
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link below to install the OTA update on the Vivo device.
Method 2: Instructions to Install via SP Flash Tool:
- Ensure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button.
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Vivo Y33s, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together and Connect your Phone to your PC/Laptop using a USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes; if you see a green button on your flash tool, it means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Vivo Y33s
Method 3: Instructions to Install via MSM Download tool:
- Download the MSM Download tool, firmware, and drivers on your PC.
- Now install the USB drivers.
- Place the MSM download tool and firmware in the same folder
- Open the MSM download tool and connect your device to a PC/Laptop
- Once you connect, it will automatically load the firmware; if not, select it manually.
- Click on the start button and wait patiently to complete the installation process.
- Once it is done! remove your device from your PC. That’s it!
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.