Samsung finally started pushing their new major OS update; One UI 4.0 for the Galaxy M21 based on Android 12. The update is now started rolling around the globe.
As per some reports, it is said to be rolling with build number M215FXXU2CVCC for users in Europe and will soon reach other users around the globe. With this, Samsung has included the latest April 2022 Security patch which fixes many security bugs and vulnerabilities.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Device Overview:
The smartphone comes with a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution. It features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 420 nits max brightness. It’s powered by an octa-core Exynos 9611 SoC, coupled with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU, 4GB/6GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB of onboard storage along a dedicated microSD card slot.
It packs a triple rear camera setup of a 48MP (wide, f/2.0) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 5MP (depth, f/2.2) lens that features PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. The device sports a 20MP selfie camera (wide, f/2.0) that features HDR, Portrait mode, etc. It’s backed by a 6,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging support.
In terms of the connectivity options, the device has dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, a 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, RDS, FM Recording, USB Type-C port, etc. On the other side, the handset packs a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, gyro, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor, etc.
One UI 4.0 Upgrade and Features
Of course, the Samsung Galaxy M21 came out of the box with Android 10 and later received the Android 11 update. According to Samsung’s recent policy change, their device will get three years of major OS support and four years of a security patch update. As promised, finally Samsung started rolling their One UI 4.0 update to their flagship and feature-rich smartphone.
One UI 4.0, which is based on Android 12 brings an entirely new UI design with a simplified color palette feature and the game-changer Android 12’s material YOU design that lets users significantly personalize the look and feel of the UI. The dark mode is now been expanded to all app icons and the camera UI adds ease to use and is better than the last version.
Android 12 One Ui 4.0 Update Tracker:
Updated on May 19, 2022: Today Samsung rolled their first One Ui 4.0 update to the European users with software version M215FXXU2CVCC.
Download Android 12 | One UI 4.0 Update:
|Build Number: M215FXXU2CVCC
Security Patch: April 2022
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 12 on Samsung M21
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 on your Samsung Galaxy M21, let us take a look at the pre-requisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy M21 battery charged at least up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s look at the Steps to flash Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy M21.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 12 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy M21. In order to flash Android 12 (One UI 4.0) on Samsung Galaxy M21, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 12 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy M21.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy M21 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy M21.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.