Windows systems have several handy apps installed for varied tasks. If these apps are experiencing any critical issues, the situation might be frustrating and adversely affect your daily work. As we said, there are some reports that sometimes Windows 11 apps won’t be connecting to the internet; as a result, the app becomes futile.
How to Fix Windows 11 Apps Won’t Connect to the Internet
This annoying situation is very common, which can occur after driver updates or network hardware changes. If you are also having a similar issue, you have come to the right place. If you can’t access the internet through the app, then you can try these troubleshooting fixes. For more information, have a look down below:
FIX 1: Turn Off Windows Firewall
In some cases, a third-party firewall app that you have installed on your Windows 11 may interrupt the apps, preventing them from connecting to the Internet. The best solution here is to disable that third-party program and switch to Microsoft Defender. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, type Windows Defender in the Windows 11 search box and open the first search result.
- Inside the Windows Defender Firewall window, select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option from the left pane menu.
- On the next screen, select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option on both the Public network settings and Private network settings.
- After that, click on OK and restart the system.
FIX 2: Run Windows Store troubleshooter
Sometimes running the Windows Store troubleshooter might help you to get rid of the Windows 11 Apps Won’t Connect to the Internet issue in no time. In doing so, this built-in tool will clear common errors, including errors in recent updates and network adapter changes. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, type Windows + I to launch the Settings app.
- Inside the Settings window, select System, click on Troubleshoot option from the right pane menu.
- Then click on the Other Troubleshooters option and select Windows Store Apps from the list, and click on the Run button.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the said issue is resolved or not.
- If the issue persists, then repeat the above steps and in the Other Troubleshooters screen, select Internet connections and click on the Run button.
- Hereafter the app will connect to the internet smoothly.
FIX 3: Reset Windows socket
At times resetting the Windows socket might help you to get rid of the Windows 11 Apps Won’t Connect to the Internet issue. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly go to the Start menu, and in the Search box, type cmd and open the Command Prompt window with administrative access.
- Then you need to type or copy and paste the following command and press Enter,
netsh winsock reset
- Let’s wait a few minutes to complete the process.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the apps connect to the internet or not.
FIX 4: Clear Store cache
As per some suffered users, when they cleared the Store cache, the Windows 11 Apps Won’t Connect to the Internet issue resolved for them. You can also try the same by following the below-given steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type wsreset in the text box and press OK.
- This process may take few minutes to finish; once completed, check now the apps connect with the internet.
FIX 5: Set up a new connection
Sometimes, outdated or incorrectly configured connections can also lead to cause internet issues in Windows 11 apps. Here the best suitable method to fix connection issues is to set new statuses. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and in the search box, type Control and open the Control Panel window.
- Then select the Network and Internet option and click on Network and sharing.
- In the newly opened window, select Set up a new connection or network.
- Now choose a connection option from the list and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Once done, check whether your app is connected to the internet or not.
FIX 6: Perform a network restart
If none of the above fixes does help you, then you need to perform and network restart. This process may help uninstall all network drivers and reinstall using the default settings. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open the Settings app and select the Network & Internet option from the left pane menu.
- Then select Advanced network settings and click on Network reset option.
- Inside the next window, scroll down and click on the Reset now button. Click on Yes if a prompt appears on the screen,
- Once done, check now the apps are connected to the internet or not.
These are the top 6 fixes to resolve the Windows 11 Apps Won’t Connect to the Internet. In addition to all these fixes, you can switch to an Ethernet connection and see if it helps you or not. Similarly, if your internet connection is slow, apps will not connect to the internet. Here you need to contact your internet service provider for further assistance.
All the above-given fixes are tested and tried by experts. If you have any queries or feedback, write down a comment in the below comment box.