Most windows users are using the pirated version of the windows, which is not genuine windows software. If your Windows OS is not genuine, then you may encounter such error as “This copy of windows is not genuine”( may users also got this error even though they have genuine windows 7). This error usually strikes your PC when you have updated your Windows 7 PC with the build 7600 / 7601 which is generally build by Microsoft to determine whether your Windows OS is genuine or not.
You may have installed the Windows 7 OS for less than a month and activated via Windows activation crack. Most Windows 7 users have this problem after updating their PC with the build KB971033.
Most Windows users have tried the 25 digit/letter windows product key to activate the windows 7 when they get the error at the PC startup that shows windows are not genuine and many users reported the black screen in the desktop. If you still have the error, then follow the following tutorial to change the windows genuine error at the startup.
- Uninstall the KB971033 update
Windows updates are set automatically by the Windows operating system, which installs the latest security update and many other updates regularly. Those who have the pirated version of the Windows 7 have manually turned off the automatic update; so that they can’t be caught up the error of windows is not genuine. To fight this type of counterfeits, the Microsoft has released such an update which result in fake or not genuine windows 7 product to end up in the windows not genuine error. If you got this error after updating your windows, then follow the steps which are given below
- Login to your PC and go to the start menu
- Open Control Panel in the start menu
- Click on the
- Open System and Security and click on the Windows update option or
- Then click on the Installed Updates, which will show the list of installed updates.
- Look for update named KB971033 and then uninstall it by double clicking on to it.
- Finally, restart your PC and the genuine error would have gone from your PC
If you still have the error then follow the different method which is given below
- Turn off updates
The windows genuine error generally strikes to those who have updated their PC, so you can turn off the update to overcome this error. Follow the steps to turn off the windows automatic update in your PC
- Go to start menu and open Control Panel
- Open System and Security
- Click on the Windows update
- Then click on the box which contains this “Installed updates automatically(Recommended)”
- Finally, select the option “Never check for updates (Not Recommended)”.
The above step will turn off the automatic update from your PC.
- Using Command Prompt
- Go to the start menu and type cmd in the search field
- Right click on the cmd and click Run as Administrator option, so that the command prompt will run under administrator privileges.
- Then type SLMGR –REARM and press enter. ( SLMGR is nothing but it is a Windows software licensing management tool and REARM is the command which will reset the license of your windows PC)
- The confirmation windows will appear in our PC namely “Command completed successfully. Please restart the system for the changes to take effect”, click on OK to it
- Finally, restart your PC.
Now you won’t get the error of windows is not genuine.