Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (codename: sweet) launched in March 2021. The phone came out of the box with Android 11 R. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the AOSP Android 11 on Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet). Recently, Google released its latest stable Android 11 for the general public. And with that, many OEMs were quick to adopt the same. First in the line were the Pixel devices, which were anyways along the expected lines. Later Google released the AOSP source code for Android 11 which is undoubtedly the main ingredient to compile Android 11-based custom ROMs.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Device Overview
The Redmi Note 10 Pro was announced on the 4th of March, 2021. The smartphone features a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It has a refresh rate of 120Hz and a peak brightness of 1200 nits. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G, which is built on an 8nm manufacturing process. This is an octa-core process consisting of two Kryo 470 Gold cores clocked at 2.3GHz and six Kryo 470 Silver cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
We have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.7 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/.2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a single 25MP sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens which is housed in a center punch hole alignment. The rear setup is capable of 4K video recording, and the front is limited to 1080p video recording.
In terms of protection, we get IP53 certification for dust and splash protection. The phone runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12 skin on top of it. In terms of storage(UFS2.2) and RAM, we have three options: 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM, and 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM. We also get a 3.5mm headphone jack and a stereo speaker setup with this smartphone. In terms of connectivity, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS Yes, NFC (only in selected market/region), Infrared port, and USB USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering all of it is a 5020 mAh battery capable of 33W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three color options: Onyx Gray, Glacier Blue, and Gradient Bronze. A point to note here is that the Redmi Note 10 Pro global and Indian variants are different. The global variant has all the same specs as the Indian variant except for the primary rear camera sensor, which changes to a 108MP sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
How to Install AOSP Android 11 on Redmi Note 10 Pro:
With such a long list of goodies to offer, no doubt you will want to try out the AOSP Android 11 on Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet). But before we list out the installation steps, please go through the prerequisites section. Make sure your device meets all the mentioned requirements. After this, go through the working features and the list of known issues present in this ROM. Once you have gone through all the requirements section, you may then proceed with the installation steps.
- Tested only on Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet)
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup.
- Next time, enable USB Debugging on your Redmi Note 10 Pro. This will make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Your device also needs to have the bootloader unlocked. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our detailed guide on How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- Next up, you will also need to install the TWRP Recovery on your device. This will be needed to flash the AOSP Android 11 on your Redmi Note 10 Pro. You could refer to our comprehensive tutorial on how to Install TWRP Recovery For Redmi Note 10 Pro.
Download AOSP Android 11
Before you download the firmware file, there is a pretty important worth mentioning. You should only use the proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable ROM.
ArrowOS: Download Link
Lineage OS 18.1: Download Link
Download Android 11 Gapps
Once you have downloaded the above files, transfer it to your device. Then proceed with the below steps to install AOSP Android 11 on your Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet) device.
Install AOSP Android 11 on Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet)
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Now head over to the wipe section and format system, data, and cache. Perform a right swipe to complete the format.
- Its now time to flash the AOSP Android 11 ROM onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro. For that, head over to Install, select the AOSP ROM ZIP file and perform a right swipe to install the file.
- If you want Google Apps as well, then you need to flash it at this instance itself. Go to Install, select the GApps ZIP file, and perform a right swipe to flash this file.
- When that is done, you may reboot your device. Head over to Reboot and select System.
Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS. With this, we conclude the guide on how to install the AOSP Android 11 on Redmi Note 10 Pro. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up some time and you might have to set up your device from scratch.
Furthermore, once you have installed the ROM, do share your opinions about the same in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.
My mobile – earphone phone keep stopping – bug reports this problem showing anytime but no earphone connected
Problem fixed to me please help me..