Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (codename: sweet) was launched in the year March 2021. The phone came out of the box with Android 11 R. On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Redmi Note 10 Pro device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Device Overview
The Redmi Note 10 Pro was announced on the 4th of March, 2021. The smartphone features a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It has a refresh rate of 120Hz and a peak brightness of 1200 nits. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G, which is built on an 8nm manufacturing process. This is an octa-core process consisting of two Kryo 470 Gold cores clocked at 2.3GHz and six Kryo 470 Silver cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
We have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.7 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/.2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a single 25MP sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens which is housed in a center punch hole alignment. The rear setup is capable of 4K video recording, and the front is limited to 1080p video recording.
In terms of protection, we get IP53 certification for dust and splash protection. The phone runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12 skin on top of it. In terms of storage(UFS2.2) and RAM, we have three options: 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM, and 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM. We also get a 3.5mm headphone jack and a stereo speaker setup with this smartphone. In terms of connectivity, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS Yes, NFC (only in selected market/region), Infrared port, and USB USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering all of it is a 5020 mAh battery capable of 33W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three color options: Onyx Gray, Glacier Blue, and Gradient Bronze. A point to note here is that the Redmi Note 10 Pro global and Indian variants are different. The global variant has all the same specs as the Indian variant except for the primary rear camera sensor, which changes to a 108MP sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Redmi Note 10 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Redmi Note 10 Pro model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Redmi Note 10 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Redmi Note 10 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Redmi Note 10 Pro, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Redmi Note 10 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
Steps to Root Redmi Note 10 Pro
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.