Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet) smartphone was launched in March 2021. The phone came out of the box with Android 11 R. Now you can install the Custom ROM called ArrowOS on Redmi Note 10 Pro based on Android 11.
To install ArrowOS on Redmi Note 10 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new ArrowOS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of ArrowOS.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Device Overview
The Redmi Note 10 Pro was announced on the 4th of March, 2021. The smartphone features a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It has a refresh rate of 120Hz and a peak brightness of 1200 nits. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G, which is built on an 8nm manufacturing process. This is an octa-core process consisting of two Kryo 470 Gold cores clocked at 2.3GHz and six Kryo 470 Silver cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
We have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.7 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/.2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a single 25MP sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens which is housed in a center punch hole alignment. The rear setup is capable of 4K video recording, and the front is limited to 1080p video recording.
In terms of protection, we get IP53 certification for dust and splash protection. The phone runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12 skin on top of it. In terms of storage(UFS2.2) and RAM, we have three options: 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM, and 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM. We also get a 3.5mm headphone jack and a stereo speaker setup with this smartphone. In terms of connectivity, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS Yes, NFC (only in selected market/region), Infrared port, and USB USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering all of it is a 5020 mAh battery capable of 33W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three color options: Onyx Gray, Glacier Blue, and Gradient Bronze. A point to note here is that the Redmi Note 10 Pro global and Indian variants are different. The global variant has all the same specs as the Indian variant except for the primary rear camera sensor, which changes to a 108MP sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens.
What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is a new Custom ROM and it is AOSP inspired open-source project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. The ROM brings almost the same feature which is very useful for the ROM customization and at the end aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life. ArrowOS is developed and managed by Bauuuuu, Ganesh Verma, Kuber Sharma.
ArrowOS 11.0 based on Androd 11
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Steps to Install ArrowOS on Redmi Note 10 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
Instructions to Install
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro. [Watch Video]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded ArrowOS zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy ArrowOS on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU.zip or you can try Magisk.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the ArrowOS on your device. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.