Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (codename: sweet) launched in March 2021. The phone came out of the box with Android 11 R. In this tutorial, we will show you how to download and install Lineage OS 18.1 on Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet) device. The Google-owned OS is open source in nature. This allows the userbase to try out tons of customizations and modifications onto your devices. For the starters, they could install themes, icon packs, and launchers from the Play Store. But this is just the beginning. There are a plethora of other tweaks that you could try out on your device.
All that is required is an unlocked bootloader, and then you could easily set your feet in the custom development. From installing a custom recovery like TWRP to gaining root access via Magisk, the possibilities are endless. Along the same lines, you could also try out a customized Android OS in the form of custom ROMs. And in this guide, we will be discussing just that. Today, we will show you the steps to install Lineage OS 18.1 onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet) device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Device Overview
The Redmi Note 10 Pro was announced on the 4th of March, 2021. The smartphone features a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It has a refresh rate of 120Hz and a peak brightness of 1200 nits. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G, which is built on an 8nm manufacturing process. This is an octa-core process consisting of two Kryo 470 Gold cores clocked at 2.3GHz and six Kryo 470 Silver cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
We have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The quad setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.7 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/.2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a single 25MP sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens which is housed in a center punch hole alignment. The rear setup is capable of 4K video recording, and the front is limited to 1080p video recording.
In terms of protection, we get IP53 certification for dust and splash protection. The phone runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12 skin on top of it. In terms of storage(UFS2.2) and RAM, we have three options: 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM, and 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM. We also get a 3.5mm headphone jack and a stereo speaker setup with this smartphone. In terms of connectivity, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS Yes, NFC (only in selected market/region), Infrared port, and USB USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering all of it is a 5020 mAh battery capable of 33W fast charging. The smartphone is available in three color options: Onyx Gray, Glacier Blue, and Gradient Bronze. A point to note here is that the Redmi Note 10 Pro global and Indian variants are different. The global variant has all the same specs as the Indian variant except for the primary rear camera sensor, which changes to a 108MP sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens.
Lineage OS 18.1 with Android 11 Features
Among all the custom ROMs available for our device, Lineage has been among the oldest player. In its early days, it was known as CyanogenMod and now this ‘lineage’ seems to have been rightly carried forward. Based on the Android Open Source Project, you will be able to welcome a few handy customization options to your device. The ROM isn’t known to offer a plethora of features, rather it maintains an equilibrium with the stability front.
As far as the latest LineageOS 18.1 is concerned, it is based on the latest Android 11 that has just been released. This in turn translates to the user getting blessed with some noteworthy features. These include a separate Conversation section, OneTime Permissions, and the new Notification History. Likewise, there has been the introduction of Chat Bubbles and a native Screen Recorder. The Media Player has now also been moved to the Quick Settings with some handy Media Controls options.
Refer to our detailed instructions on how to install lineage OS 18.1 onto Redmi Note 10 Pro.
How to Install LineageOS 18.1 on Redmi Note 10 Pro
Before we list the instructions, there are a few points worth discussing. We would like to state that the ROM is an unofficial build and in the alpha stage. So you could face a few stability issues as well as bugs. On that note, here are all the working features and the bugs present in this ROM:
Not Known – We haven’t tested yet
So if you are ready to install LineageOS 18.1 onto your Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet) device, then here is all the required information. Let’s start with the requirements set.
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup. This is because we will be wiping the data partition which will format your device.
- Next up, you will need to unlock the bootloader on your device. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- Once that is done, you also need to have the TWRP Recovery installed. You could refer to our guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 10 Pro.
- Also, enable USB Debugging on your device so that it gets recognized by your PC in the ADB Mode. For that, head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Next, up, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tool on your PC. This will provide you with the necessary binary files.
- Also, download and install the Xiaomi USB Drivers onto your PC.
- Finally, download the Lineage OS 18.1 on Redmi Note 10 Pro: Download Link
- If you want Google Apps as well, then download the Android 11 GApps file
That’s it. You may now proceed with the installation steps.
Instructions to Install Lineage OS 18.1 on Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and the GApps file to the Internal Storage of your device.
- Now connect it to the PC via USB Cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder on your PC, type in CMD in the address, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt window.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery
adb reboot recovery
- Now that your device is booted to TWRP, head over to the Wipe section and tap on Advanced Wipe.
- Then, select the System, Vendor, Data, and the Cache partition and perform a right swipe to format the selected partitions.
- After this, go to the Install section of TWRP. Navigate to the downloaded LineageOS 18.1 ZIP file, select it and perform a right swipe to install it.
- The process might take a few minutes. When the flashing is complete, go back to the Install section and this time select the GApps package. Perform a right swipe to install this file as well.
- Likewise, you should also wipe the cache partition. You could either use the Wipe Cache button that would be available after flashing GApps. If not, then head over to Wipe, select the Cache partition and perform a right swipe to wipe it.
- You may now reboot your device to the newly installed OS. For that, head over to Reboot and select System.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to install Lineage OS 18.1 on Redmi Note 10 Pro (sweet) device. Do let us know your views about this ROM in the comments section below. Furthermore, you could also drop in your queries in the comments. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that deserve your attention as well.