From this post, you could download and install the Android 12 Beta on Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, and Mi 11X Pro devices. Sticking to its timeline, Google recently unveiled the first beta build of its latest OS. Within a few hours, we had quite a few OEMs lined up in adopting the said upgrade for their eligible devices. One among them was the Chinese giant Xiaomi. In recent years, they have really upped their game when it comes to providing timely updates.
Hence the flagship device owners from this OEM are in for plenty of new features. These include the likes of a revamped UI, new privacy features, new Quick Settings toggles. Likewise, the Quick Tiles are now more prominent in color and shapes. So if these features do intrigue you, then you could welcome all of them onto your device right away. Given here are the steps to download and install the Android 12 Beta on Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, and Mi 11X Pro.
Download Android 12 Beta on Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, and Mi 11X Pro
Before we list out the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to go through. Make sure to checkmark all these requirements.
- To begin with, take a complete device backup. This is because the below process will wipe off all the on your device.
- Next up, you will also have to unlock the device’s bootloader. This is because the update package comes as a Fastboot ROM, installing which requires the bootloader to be unlocked. So if you haven’t done that yet, then please refer to our guide to Unlock Bootloader on Any Xiaomi Devices
- Likewise, also download and install the Mi Flash Tool onto your PC. This will be used to flash the Fastboot ROM.
- Download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC as well.
- Finally, download the Xiaomi USB Drivers so that your PC is able to identify the connected device.
Since it is a Beta Android 12 build for Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, and Mi 11X Pro, there are a few bugs and underlying issues. Let’s make you aware of them:
You may now download the Android 12 Beta on Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, and Mi 11X Pro devices from the below links:
Once you have grabbed hold of the update package, extract it to any convenient location on your PC. You may use WinZip or WinRAR for that purpose.
Install Android 12 Beta on Xiaomi Mi 11 Series
- To begin with, you will have to boot your device to the Fastboot Mode. For that, power off your device. Then press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys for a few seconds.
- You should then see the Mi Bunny logo, signifying that the device has been successfully booted to Fastboot. Once that happens, connect it to your PC via USB cable.
- Then launch the Mi flash Tool onto your PC and click on the Select button situated on the left-hand side.
- Browse to the extracted Fastboot ROM and select it. Make sure you select the entire ROM folder.
- Finally, click on the Flash button and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, you shall get the Success message under Result and your device shall now automatically boot to the newly installed OS.
- That’s it, you may now unplug the device from your PC and close the tool as well.
So this was all from this guide on how to download and install the Android 12 Beta on Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, and Mi 11X Pro devices. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that are worthy of your attention as well.