Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was launched in November 2013 which came out of the box with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Are you looking to install the stable version of Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Grand 2? then you are in the right place. Today we will guide you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo on the Galaxy Grand 2 smartphone.
If you are here for the first time to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Grand 2, you can read our article to know the difference between custom ROM and stock ROM. To install a custom ROM, you have to unlock the bootloader and you must have the latest TWRP Recovery on your phone. In case if you have all this, then installing Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery is simple. You can follow our tutorial on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo:
After rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo, we know that Google will surely come up with the latest version which will improve the features which were implemented in the Android 8.0 version.
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo. Android 8.1 Oreo is an improved version and shortcomings of Android 8.0 Oreo – This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Cheeseburger Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Download Custom ROM Here
Download Gapps (Any Gapps)
Delta Gapps with Modular Add-On
Micro GApps Package For Android Oreo
Android Oreo Gapps Package [Open Gapps] – Recommended
Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1 [Also Supported any Android 8.1]
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Grand 2:
Follow our below guide to install the Android 8.1 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Simply download the below given ROM and Gapps file to experience the Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Grand 2 smartphone. To install any Custom firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, you should have TWRP Recovery or any custom recovery.
Before grabbing the download link and installing the custom ROM, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites.
- This ROM is for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Samsung USB Drivers.
- Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone:
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place them in your phone’s root of internal memory or SD Card.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download and move the Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM to the internal storage of your Galaxy Grand 2.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window or enter recovery mode by using the Volume and Power button combination. your device to TWRP Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Now head over to the Install section and navigate to the downloaded vendor and firmware. Perform a right swipe to flash it.
- If you want Google Apps as well, then you need to flash it at this instance itself. Go to Install, select the GApps ZIP file, and perform a right swipe to flash this file.
- When that is done, you may reboot your device. Head over to Reboot and select System.
Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS. With this, we conclude the guide on how to install the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy Grand 2. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up some time and you might have to set up your device from scratch.
Flashing the ported Android 8.1 Oreo on your Galaxy Grand 2 will give an early taste of the latest Android OS version. It looks like that the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 model won’t gonna receive the Android 8.1 Oreo update officially from the manufacturer. So, it’s a good idea to get most of the features and visual treatment. However, if you find any extra bugs or stability issues then you should report them to the respective forum.