Samsung Galaxy S4 won’t receive the Android 8.0 Oreo officially, though now you can enjoy the unofficial AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4. Don’t expect any official Android 8.0 or 8.1 Oreo update anytime in the future. But you can really taste the pure Android 8.1 Oreo experience with this Custom ROM. Download and enjoy the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4 i9505.
AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project which is a source tree released by Google to the developer to work on Android OS. Thanks to the XDA developer team +BB+ for bringing a stable Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4. Full Credits to JDC team.
Download and Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4
This ROM is still under development and have some bugs which needs to be squashed. You can give a try and enjoy the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4.
Earlier we had shared AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo list along with Unofficial Lineage OS 15 and Lineage OS 15.1. You can enjoy the unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo and higher version on Galaxy S4 even though no official treat for this device.
To install this ROM, you need a Custom Recovery called TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S4. If you have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4.
What’s in Android Oreo?
Android Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy S4 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy S4:
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S4. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
Find all Android 8.0 Oreo Tips and Tricks to enable picture in picture feature WiFi issue and Other Most advanced features, tricks, and tips.
[su_button url="https://www.getdroidtips.com/tag/android-8-0-oreo-tips/" target="blank" style="flat" background="#3b4193" color="#ffffff" size="7" center="yes" icon="icon: check-square-o" text_shadow="0px 0px 0px #fa6512"]Click To Find More Tips and Tricks[/su_button]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S4. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page