Free to play battle royale games are a very popular gaming genre. We have seen several developers marching into this genre and releasing gaming titles that are based on battle royale. Well, who doesn’t like teaming up with friends and go on a journey to defeat the enemies? Back in 2019, a free to play battle royale game was launched by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts, which goes by the name Apex Legends.
Although the game was released back in 2019, it has still maintained its popularity and is still a very known title among the users. The game is available across platforms like Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The developers recently started off with the fifth season of the Apex Legends game, which has induced more excitement among the players as it brings more competition and new features for the game. In the Apex Legends game, you have to control one of the 8 legends in the game, and go head into a war in a deadly wasteland, where either you kill the enemies or you are killed by them.
There are certain in-game abilities and power-ups that you can collect to increase the strength of your character and make your gameplay more exciting. While we are at it, several Apex Legends users are experiencing the “retrieving matchmaking list” error which is not allowing them to enter the game and play. And if you are also facing the same “retrieving matchmaking list” error in the Apex Legends game then you are not alone and have stumbled in the right place. As in this post, we will try to solve the problem with the Apex Legends game. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
How To Fix Apex Legends Retrieving Matchmaking List Error?
Although there is no concrete or full proof solution for fixing this issue, you can try and make use of the below-listed methods and try to fix the “retrieving matchmaking list” error. Well, most of the users have reported that the port forwarding method has done the trick for them. As per the EA help page:
- Talk to your Internet Service Provider on how you can set up ports on your PC, accessing the router settings.
- You can also take help from your ISP to find out how to set up port forwarding on your PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
- Now, you are required to enable the correct TCP and UDP ports. Follow the steps below:
- UDP: 443
- TCP: 80, 443, 8080
- UDP: 3659, 17503, 17504, 10000-20000
- TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-20000, 17503, 17504, 42120, 42210, 42230, 44125, 44225, 44325
- Xbox One
- UDP: 88, 3074, 53, 500, 3544, 4500, 1863
- TCP: 80, 3074, 53, 1863
If the above-mentioned ports do not work, then you can make use of these Apex Legends specific port numbers:
- TCP: 80, 443, 9960-9969, 1024-1124, 3216, 18000, 18120, 18060, 27900, 28910, 29900
- UDP: 1024-1124, 18000, 29900, 37000-40000
Other fixes that you can try is:
- Restart your router
- Try restarting your PC/PS4/Xbox One
One of the users on the official community website of EA has posted a solution that has done the trick for him. The methods are mentioned below:
- Open Origin.
- You need to right-click on the Apex Legends.
- Now click on Repair.
- You need to wait for about 2-3 minutes.
- If this still does not work, then you can make use of the DNS server in Network Settings.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. As we have already mentioned that there is no full-proof method that can fix this issue at the moment. But the methods and tricks suggested above might do the trick for you as it has helped several other users. Let us know in the comments below if any of the above methods did the job for you or not? and also do let us know if you have any workaround for this issue that you would like to share with us. Until the next post…Cheers!