TikTok has had its biggest overseas market in India, with over 200 million users. However, with the app now being banned by the Government of India, users have started looking for alternatives. This is where Facebook comes into the picture. There goes a pretty famous saying that strikes the iron while it is hot and the social media giant seems to have done just that. Facebook-owned Instagram had already introduced the TikTok-like Reels feature in Brazil, Germany, and France. And now it has started testing the same feature in India- just at the right time.
With the ban on TikTok creating a 30 second void in the life of Indians, the Instagram Reels feature seems to have arrived at the perfect time frame. While quite a few Indian apps have already their best to bake in this opportunity, Instagram seems to be right at the forefront. You could now create 15 seconds clips aka Reels and add your own music and effects as well. In this guide, we will show you how to create a perfect Instagram Reels video right from within the app itself. Without further ado, here are the required steps.
How to Create TikTok-Style Videos in Instagram Reels
Unlike TikTok, Instagram Reels isn’t any standalone app. Rather, you could create them right from the photo and video-sharing social networking app itself. Here is everything you need to know in this regard.
Most Read Articles
- Launch the Instagram app and tap on the Camera icon situated at the top left.
- Right at the bottom bar, you would see options like Live, Story, and Reels. Select the latter one.
- The first time you visit the Reels section, you will get a welcome screen, tap on the Get Started.
- You should now see four different options related to Instagram Reels at the left menu bar.
- The first one allows you to select your favorite song clipping as the background audio. You could select any specific part of the song as per your need.
- The next one is the Timer feature. You could choose from .3x, .5x, 1x, 2x, or 3x as the playback speed.
- The third option in Instagram Reels is the ability to add Effects. There are a plethora of effects that you could choose from.
- Lastly, you get the Timer option. This allows you to pre-define the length of the video. You could choose between 0-15 seconds. If you go ahead with this option, there will also be a 3-second timer before the recording starts.
- Once you have made the customizations, hit the recording button situated at the bottom of your screen.
- Apart from all this, there is also the usual Story editing option available for Reels. For example, you could add GIFs, Stickers, Emojis, doodle on the video, or even add the desired text using different color markers.
So this is all from this guide about the Instagram Reels. The feature is rolling out in batches and should reach everyone within a few days. Once it becomes live for you, do let us know your views about it in the comments section below. Will it be able to compete with TikTok or the competition stands futile? Furthermore, what other features do you wish to see on Instagram Reels? Drop-in your opinions and let us know. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.