OnePlus finally launched its new flagship device, the OnePlus 10 Pro, with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC equipped with a 120Hz AMOLED display. The device comes with triple rear cameras with a 48 MP Sony IMX789 primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens OIS and a hole-punch display design.
Well, If you are here, then you may probably want to install the Custom ROM on the OnePlus 10R 5G. As you read our title, yes we can guide you on installing the latest custom ROM on the OnePlus 10R 5G based on GSI build.
When you buy a new phone, it comes with so-called stock ROM or stock firmware which basically means a pre-installed operating system. This ROM usually comes with some limited functionality defined by the OEM (phone manufacturer). Whereas a custom ROM is developed by using AOSP also known as Android Open Source Project. Yes, we all know that Android is open-source and therefore any developer can edit the code, or recompile it according to his or her need. You can read our complete article to understand the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM.
Flashing the ROM in OnePlus 10R 5G is easy! All you need to do is follow the instructions carefully. If you are a newbie, then you need to understand that before flashing, you must unlock the bootloader on your OnePlus 10R 5G. To unlock the bootloader, follow our guide on how to unlock the bootloader via fastboot mode on any Android device.
If you already unlocked the bootloader, then you can simply follow our guide to install the custom ROM on the OnePlus 10R 5G. Before that, let’s understand What is a GSI build.
What is GSI Stands for?
GSI stands for Generic system image which is an Android System image that can be used to replace the current installed Android version with a new one. It is a pure Android with an unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. With Android 8.1, Google introduced the project treble support for many devices and now with Android 9.0 Pie, Google finally added the API level 28 to support Generic System Images to all app developers to install and run the latest Android GSIs on a variety of existing Android devices. To know more: Read here
OnePlus 10R 5G Device Overview:
The OnePlus 10 Pro features a 6.7-inch QHD+ LTPO(2nd generation) display with 1440 x 3216 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a 120 Hz refresh rate panel. It has a peak brightness of 1300 nits along with support for HDR 10+ content. Under the hood, we have the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1 built on a 4nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with one Cortex-X2 core clocked at 3.00 GHz, three Cortex-A710 cores clocked at 2.5 GHz, and four Cortex-A510 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 730.
Coming to the optics, we get a 48MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP telephoto sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 50MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The ultrawide lens has an impressive field of view of 150 degrees. At the front, we get a 32MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. The rear camera setup can record 8K videos at 30fps, while the front camera is limited to 1080p video recording.
There are three storage options of this smartphone: 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 12GB RAM. In terms of communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 3.1. And in terms of sensors, we get an under-display fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and color spectrum. There is a 5,000 battery powering this smartphone that supports 80W wired charging and 50W wireless charging. The smartphone is available in two color options: Black and Green.
How to Install Custom ROM on OnePlus 10R 5G
To install, as we said, you need to unlock the bootloader and must have a TWRP (to install via a device) or a PC (to install via Fastboot). Yes, there are two methods to install the custom ROM GSI on the OnePlus 10R 5G.
AOSP GSIs which is still marked as a pre-release. Even on a device that runs Pie GSIs nicely, it’s still possible to get broken media, camera, RIL, or even flat-out no-boot. You are strongly advised to try PHH’s original and then identify/report issues there, before moving on to other GSIs that are based on his work. Please report bugs on the same thread related to the ROM.
We at GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your handset while or after following this guide. This is a Custom ROM and may contain some bugs or stability issues. We can’t recommend you to use this firmware as your daily driver. Proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is for the OnePlus 10R 5G.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- Download the required file and Supported the GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
- Download and install OnePlus USB Drivers
- For adb method: Download ADB and Fastboot tool
- For TWRP Method: Download and Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 10R 5G
A only arm32 – arm avN
A only arm64 – arm64 avN
A/B arm64 – arm64 bvN
A/B arm32 – arm bvN
- AOSP Quack Phh-Treble: Download
- LineageOS 19.1: Download – If broken link, check the official forum
- Pixel Experience 12 GSI: Download
Install via TWRP Recovery:
- To install via TWRP, you need to factory reset your device using TWRP
- Go into the Wipe option and Swipe to Factory Reset.
- Transfer the GSI build to your OnePlus 10R 5G using a USB Cable.
- Once you have moved, you can remove your USB cable.
- In your TWRP, tap on the install button –> Change type to Install Image and find the GSI you have moved in the 3rd step.
- Confirm the flash by choosing the system partition
- Once it is done, you can reboot your device and wait for a few minutes to boot up.
Flash via Fastboot
- First, do the factory reset on the OnePlus 10R 5G. There are two methods to do it, follow anyone.
- Factory Reset When Powered On: To install without TWRP, you have to factory reset using your Umdigi A7 Pro factory reset option.
- Factory Reset via Stock Recovery: Reboot your OnePlus 10R 5G into stock recovery using a button combination or ADB command.
adb reboot recovery
- In your Stock Recovery, navigate using the Volume UP and DOWN button.
- Make sure to extract the downloaded GSI build.
- After resetting the factory ROM, you can now boot your device into bootloader mode using adb command
adb reboot bootloader.
- Now open the extracted folder of the GSI build, there, now open the command prompt window by holding the SHIFT KEY and Right Mouse click.
- In your command window, enter the command
fastboot erase system
- To flash the system image, enter a command in the following format:
fastboot -u flash system name_of_system.img
- Wait for the image to flash, it could take a few minutes. Once it has been completed, reboot your device either manually via power key or by entering
fastboot rebootand waiting for a few minutes to boot up.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Custom ROM on your OnePlus 10R 5G handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Credits to all the developer from XDA forum and 4PDA forum
Did you know?
Fix: Active Native Call Recording on OnePlus 10 Pro, 10R, or 10T
Downgrade OnePlus 10R 5G from Android 13 to Android 12 (OxygenOS 13 – 12)
OnePlus 10R 5G Android 14 Update Tracker