Halo Infinite is quite new in the market that comes with the multiplayer mode for Xbox and Windows platforms only by 343 Industries & Xbox Game Studios. But if you’re running into the Halo Infinite game voice chat not working glitch then you’re not alone here. Recently plenty of players have started reporting that the title has some issues or bugs that need to be ironed out. But the voice chat not working issue is really upsetting for most players.
According to several reports, Halo Infinite players are being unable to hear out other players in the squad in the multiplayer mode or vice versa. It seems that developer 343 Industries hasn’t acknowledged this issue yet officially. So, if you’re also facing the same issue, you may have to wait for some time until the patch update releases officially. Meanwhile, if you can’t wait longer, you can try following some workarounds mentioned below to get some help.
Fix: Halo Infinite Game Chat Not Working
We’re not sure whether the mentioned workarounds will gonna fix the issue or not. But it’s highly recommended to try them out one by one until the official patch fix releases. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Change Default Audio Output in Xbox Game Bar
First of all, you should try changing the default audio output device in the Xbox Game Bar option if you’re facing issues with the voice chat. To do so:
- Press the Windows + G keys to access the Xbox Game Bar overlay.
- Now, make sure to change the default audio output device by clicking on the ‘Audio’ icon at the top of the screen.
- A dialog box will appear > Under Mix, make sure to set the default audio output device from the list. [Obviously, your audio device should be connected properly]
- Once done, you can check for the voice chat issue again while playing Halo Infinite.
2. Disconnect other audio peripherals
It seems that if you’re using more than one audio peripherals on your Windows computer while playing Halo Infinite that may eventually trigger the voice chat-related issues whatsoever. Try disabling all playback devices instead of your primary audio output device (headset/speaker) by following the steps below:
- First, make sure to right-click on the volume icon at the bottom-right corner of your taskbar.
- Now, click on ‘Sounds’ > Go to the ‘Playback’ tab.
- Right-click on any device that’s not your primary audio device > Click on ‘Disable’.
- It should come in handy.
3. Enable in-game Voice Chat
You should enable the in-game voice chat mode on Halo Infinite Multiplayer once the correct audio output device is selected. To do so:
- Launch Halo Infinite on the PC > Go to in-game Settings.
- Click on Audio > Select Communication > Select Voice Chat Input Device.
- Make sure to select your preferred audio output device.
- Finally, turn on the ‘Voice Chat Mode’ option and check for the issue again.
4. Enable ‘Open Mic’ from in-game Audio Settings
It’s also worth recommending to enable the ‘Open Mic’ option from the Halo Infinite in-game Audio Settings by following the steps below:
- Launch Halo Infinite > Go to Settings.
- Click on Audio > Select Communication > Click on Voice Chat.
- Finally, click on Open Mic and turn it on.
5. Select Push to Talk Hotkey
Halo Infinite also offers players to go with the push-to-talk hotkey option in the game settings menu by following the steps below.
- Open Halo Infinite > Go to in-game Settings > Click on Keyboard/Mouse.
- Make sure to scroll down until you find the Communication section.
- Now, click on the ‘Push to talk’ option > Enable it.
6. Reset Halo Infinite
If you’ve tried all other possible workarounds mentioned above and still facing the same voice chat not working issue with Halo Infinite then make sure to reset the game to refresh the game files or temporary cache data issue.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Settings > Click on ‘Apps’ from the left pane.
- Click on Apps & features > Search for the Halo Infinite game from the list of installed programs.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon next to the game > Click on ‘Advanced options’.
- Next, click on ‘Reset’ and confirm the process to complete the reset.
- Once done, launch the Halo Infinite game again and check if the voice chat not working issue has been fixed or not.
7. Update Halo Infinite
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to check for the game update and install the update (if available) by following the steps below:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Halo Infinite from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.