Train Sim World 2 is the latest train simulation video game that has been launched in August 2020, developed by Dovetail Games. It’s available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows platforms. Meanwhile, some of the Train Sim World 2 PS4 version players are getting the CE-34878-0 Error Code while launching it. If you’re one of the victims, then check this troubleshooting guide.
According to a couple of Redditors, the CE-34878-0 error code appears every time they trying to load the Train Sim World 2 game on PlayStation 4 console. This specific error is only occurring on PlayStation 4 users mostly. To recall, the error code is not a new one and has been appeared multiple times before for the PS4 users on plenty of games. Therefore, it’s one of the common issues of the PS4 console and there are some of the possible workarounds mentioned to fix this issue below.
Fix Train Sim World 2 CE-34878-0 Error Code on PS4
This one of the common issues for the PS4 console so, you don’t need to do extraordinary to get back working the game. Before heading over to the steps below, make sure to fully restart your console. Sometimes the software glitch or any kind of internet issue can also cause this error. Now, you can proceed to the steps below if the problem persists.
Meanwhile, if in case, your PS4 is slow enough or seems lagging a bit, then you should check out the steps to fix PlayStation Lagging or Slowing problems.
1. Update PS4 Software
It might happen that you are using an older version of PlayStation 4 software. Or if you haven’t updated the game in quite a while, then it might give out an error or two. A new update of any game not only adds new features but also fixes bugs and brings about stability improvement. So it is highly recommended to do so. Follow the below instructions to do it:
- Exit the game and go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Now select the game you were playing and press the Options button.
- Next up, select Check for Update. Wait for some time till PlayStation finds an update and applies it.
- Once that is done, click on the Settings option at the top of the PlayStation screen.
- Select the System Software option and wait for the process to complete.
- When that’s done, restart your PlayStation once. This should fix the Error Code CE-34878-0. If not, then follow the next method given below.
2. Turn off Face Recognition
If updating the game as well as the PS4 didn’t manage to correct your error, then you probably have to disable the face recognition feature. To do so, follow the below instructions:
- Head over to the Play Station home-screen and select Settings.
- Then from the Setting menu, select User.
- Next up, select Login Settings and look out for the Enable Face Recognition option.
- Disable the toggle next to it.
Fixed the Error Code CE-34878-0? If not, then try the next fix which we have mentioned below.
3. Reinstall Original HDD
Have you recently upgraded your Hard Disk Drive in PlayStation 4? If yes, then that might also be the cause of the above-mentioned error code. Therefore, it is recommended to reinstall the original HDD. After doing the same, you should be able to deal with the PS4 Error CE-34878-0 and henceforth fix it. if not, try the next method mentioned below.
4. Initialize PS4
If none of the above methods managed to fix the PlayStation error, then its time to initialize your PS4. But before you do so, make sure to make a backup of all the data. once done, follow the below steps:
- Head over to the Play Station 4 home screen and select Settings.
- Next up, click on Initialization.
- Finally, select the Initialize PS4 option.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- Once done, try running the Train Sim World 2 game again.
So with that, we conclude this guide on how to fix the Train Sim World 2 Error Code CE-34878-0 in your PS4. Let us know which of the above methods managed to fix your issue. However, if the error still persists and as soon as you launch any application you get greeted with this error, then please contact the PlayStation Support to help you out.