Nowadays, it’s a prevalent incident for a PC/Laptop user to face various error issues while operating their system. These errors are an indication to keep your system maintained and up-to-date. Similar issues that we are going to talk about are the Windows 10 errors, namely, error 0x00000013, error 0x00000014, and error 0x00000015. If not resolved soon, these errors and crashes can also lead to malfunctioning. It can also make your computer less responsive or even something serious than this.
Today, in this article, we will go through an in-depth discussion about Windows errors 0x00000013, 0x00000014, and 0x00000015, what are the causes of their occurrence, and how to fix them? Stick till the end to get the quickest and convenient solutions.
- What are Windows 10 error 0x00000013, error 0x00000014, and error 0x00000015?
- What’s Causing This Error?
- Methods to fix Windows error 0x00000013, error 0x00000014, and error 0x00000015
- How to fix Windows 10 error 0x00000013?
- How to fix Windows 10 error 0x00000014?
- How to fix Windows 10 error 0x00000015?
- How to fix Windows Error automatically?
What are Windows 10 error 0x00000013, error 0x00000014, and error 0x00000015?
Windows 10 error 0x00000013, error 0x00000014, and error 0x00000015 are some of the commonly displayed errors at user desktop these days. All of them indicate that something is wrong with the scanner, and the device is not working correctly. These errors are also commonly known as a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). It may display one or a combination of the message from the ones mentioned below.
- Error 0x00000013- This error appears with a statement stating,
“The EMPTY_THREAD_REAPER_LIST” or “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000013). The device is not ready”.
- Error 0x00000014- This error always starts with a STOP message or CREATE_DELETE_LOCK_NOT_LOCKED 0r “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000014). The device is not ready”.
- Error 0x00000015: It pops-up with a message stating, “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000015). The device is not ready”, or it may also indicate, “There’s something wrong with the scanner, and it is not working properly”.
In case if the Windows 10 would start after the error, it might prompt you with a message showing:
“Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
BCCode: 13 or 14 or 15”
What’s Causing This Error?
- The irregular entries commonly cause the error 0x00000013 in the Windows registry or incorrectly configured system setting.
- The error 0x00000014 gets commonly caused by the device driver, hardware issues, or misconfigured file system in the Windows OS. It even prompts if a user attempts to modify or run some specific applications.
- The error 0x00000015 gets commonly caused when something is wrong with the scanner. It also prompts due to either Windows system file damage or corrupt file entries.
In many cases, all the above errors can also generate due to incomplete installation & uninstallation as well as improper deletion of hardware & applications. Though there could be many possibilities of these error generations, the main focus of a user is to fix them as soon as possible.
Methods to fix Windows error 0x00000013, error 0x00000014, and error 0x00000015
In this article, we will guide to troubleshoot the standard Windows errors 0x00000013, 0x00000014, and 0x00000015 both manually and automatically. Let’s first have a look at the manual methods:
How to fix Windows 10 error 0x00000013?
FIX 1: Run the SFC/scannow command
- Firstly, go to the search bar and find the “Command Prompt” by typing ‘cmd’.
- Now at the right side of the list locate and select “Run as administrator”. A command prompt window will now get opened.
- Here in the new space type, “sfc/scannow” and press Enter.
This process will clear and repair your system from any of the damaged files. It may take several minutes for the process compilation and make sure you do not interrupt in between.
FIX 2- System restoration
- Firstly, search for “Create a restore point” by either typing into the search taskbar or go to the control panel. Here, a new window of the system properties will open up.
- Now click on the ‘System Protection tab’ and then select the ‘System restore option’.
- Click Next or OK and select a restore point from where you want to restore the system.
Your computer now would restore to the date you selected, and it will remove all the chances of error occurrence. “However, make sure to restore your system to the most recent functional date only.
FIX 3- Check hard disk
- Firstly, go to the search bar and type ‘cmd’ to find the “Command prompt”.
- From the list in the right, click on “Run as administrator”.
- Now on the command prompt window type, “chkdsk c:/f” and press Enter.
You must wait until the process gets completed. Make sure to restart the system after that. This process will check the hard disk for errors, issues and required fixes.
FIX 4- Uninstall your recently installed application from the system
- Firstly, go to the start menu and look for the recently added apps.
- Now right-click on each of them and select Uninstall.
Once you uninstall the recently added apps, it will delete the corrupted files that may have come along with the separate apps.
FIX 5- Run an anti-virus scanner
- Firstly, from the search bar look for “Windows security” by typing ‘Security’ in the blank space.
- From the appeared list select “Virus and threat protection”.
- Then select Scan > Full Scan > Scan now.
Let Windows scan for any virus that may have infected your system. Running a Full scan will remove all the unwanted and corrupt files from the computer. It gets recommended using any trusted anti-virus software only.
How to fix Windows 10 error 0x00000014?
FIX 1- Roll back the driver
- Firstly, go to the search bar, type ‘Device Manager’ and click “Open.”
- Now navigate through the list and locate the device you want to restore.
- Right-click on that device and select “Properties”.
- Click on the tab ‘driver’ from the top list and then select the option, ‘Roll back driver’.
- An Example is shown below.
FIX 2- Restoring to the most recent point.
- Firstly, log in as Administrator.
- Now click on the ‘Start window’ and then select accessories a system tools and then click on the ‘System restore tab’.
- From the next appeared window, select the option ‘Restore my system to an earlier time’ and then click Next.
- Here, from the list, select the recent point list, choose the restoration point and proceed with the ‘Next’ button. (Make sure you choose the most recent time only).
- On the configuration window select ‘Next’.
Once the restoration process gets completed, you must restart your system.
FIX 3- Reboot your system or Run an anti-virus software scan
Rebooting your system is one of the easiest ways to get rid of a lot of errors. This immediate and straightforward solution may resolve the issue regarding the device driver or misconfigured file system.
You can also run an anti-virus software scan to get rid of any virus or malware that may cause issues and generate the error.
How to fix Windows 10 error 0x00000015?
FIX 1- Enable WIA and SHELL HW detection
- Firstly, at the start of the taskbar type “services.msc”, select ‘Services’, right-click on it and click on “Run as administrator”.
- You cannot locate two tabs at the bottom, “Extended & Standard”. Here select ‘Standard’.
- Now from the alphabetic list, look for “Shell hardware detect” and right-click on it to select “Stop”.
- Now find “WIA (Windows Image Acquisition)” and right-click on it to select “Stop”.
- Lastly, start both the services. For doing so, right-click on each of them and select “Start”.
FIX 2- Search and install the printer drivers.
- Firstly, go to the ‘Start’ button and open ‘Device and printers’.
- Now right-click on the printer (that you want to update) to select properties.
- Now click on the ‘Advanced’ tab à ‘New driver’.
- You must now follow the screen instructions on the ‘Add printer driver wizard’.
You can also perform various other fixing methods like disk clean up and delete all your temporary files. As well as you can download and install the required software and printer driver for the scan utility. Also, you can check the function of your printer and scanner manually.
How to fix Windows Error automatically?
Above all were the manual fixes for errors 0x00000013, 0x00000014, and 0x00000015. However, as mentioned earlier, you can also use an automated fix to recover from these error codes. For doing so:
- Firstly, download and install the “PC Repair and Optimizer tool”.
- Now click on the “Start Scan” or “Scan” button. It will help you find the issue that is causing system errors.
- Now click the “Repair All” or “Fix all” button once the scanning process gets completed for fixing all the issues.
You may now restart your system. This tool will fix all your common PC errors, protect it against hardware failure, data loss, virus & malware and optimize your system’s performance to the maximum.
This was all about the fixes for Windows 10 errors 0x00000013, 0x00000014, and 0x00000015. All the fixes mentioned above are tried & tested and will surely help you to get rid of the error code issues. No matter which error code you are facing, one or the other fixes will defiantly help you. You can use any of the manual or automated fixes as per your choice and comfort.
All in all, we hope you will find all the methods and solutions mentioned in the above article helpful and easy. We have tried our best to keep them all more straightforward and quicker for our reader’s comfort. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.